GusLey Drabble: Taken Everything, But Gave Nothing

There are always three sides to every story: yours, the second party, and the truth.

~~~~~

"I'm sorry, I won't be able to go tomorrow. I was too drained and stressed this week. I just want to rest tomorrow."

He read her text message.

It kinda annoyed him, it was her birthday tomorrow but she didn't want to celebrate it with him.

"My friends were planning to throw a party but I decline. Maybe if I can, I'll just go to mall tomorrow to relax."

So he typed 'Okay.' before hitting the send button.

She wants to celebrate alone, huh. He thought as he tossed his phone on his bed.

Lesley would always visit him every weekends even though her work was stressful.

So what's new this time? He asked himself. Can she just tell me she wanted to celebrate her birthday alone? It's okay if that's what she wants.

Gusion leaned on his swivel chair and looked up on his ceiling, overthinking.

"Does she have someone new? Will she celebrate her birthday with other guy?" He mumbled.

With that thought, it hurt and angered him so he grabbed his phone and typed another text message.

"Just tell me if you have someone new not that reason that you are too drained or whatsoever."

Without thinking twice, he hit the send button.

He impatiently waited for her reply and upon receiving her text, it stunned him when he read it.

"You're really accusing me that? When all I did was to do everything you wanted? That I did everything to please you? After all of that, you are accusing me of something you know I would never do to you?"

Gusion was dumbfounded upon reading the text message. His fingers couldn't move even though he wanted to reply when he received another one.

"Have you even considered my feelings? We are "two" in this relationship, why is it always have to be about you? What about me? I'm a human too, Gus and I have feelings. And you hurt me so much."

That made Gusion cried.

He just now realized everything that Lesley did for him. While him? He was only good at first, when he was courting her.

But when they became in a relationship, all he did was to be cold even though she did nothing wrong.

It was always her who made efforts to visit him while he didn't even visit her once.

It was just his thoughts were overpowering him. The thoughts of her leaving him, being happy with her friends and not to him–

I love her too much to the point that I am hurting her.

He was crying when he received another message.

"Guin was wrong when she said you are difficult to love." Guinevere was his ex. "What difficult is the process of loving you, because I forgot how to love myself anymore."

He gripped on his phone when it beeped once again.

"Please fix yourself first while I fix mine. We are both hurting each other and it's not healthy anymore. Goodbye for now, Gusion."

That made Gusion cried in pain upon reading the last text.

"I took her for granted, and now I lost my everything." He said bitterly.

~~~~~

Yep, I want to hurt everyone. HAHAHAHAHAHA.