15. It's Cole's wolf

"When will you visit again?" Nina asks as she helps me pack. Peter and I are leaving early morning tomorrow. "Maybe the next summer vacation," I tell her.

At night, unable to fall asleep, I go to the cliffside that's nearby. You can see the calm sea and the glistening moonlight on its surface.

I sit on one of the rocks, recalling moments from the past few weeks of my life. There was a time I couldn't wait to leave this place once and for all, but now, I'll miss home after I leave.

And I'm feeling anxious. Cole has constantly been on my mind since I saw him again.

His fingers slip between mine. "How much longer do we've to keep meeting in secret?" Cole asks while his breath moves the wisps of my hair tucked behind my ear. I hold his hand tightly. "Don't you like this?" I say.

He pulls me closer, pushing my back against his chest. "Besides getting to be with you like this, what's to like about it?" Cole says.

I twist my body to face him. He lifts up my waist to place over his. I comb his hair at the side and say, "I like this. I feel like I'm your lover and mistress at the same time." He smirks and closes the gap between our lips.

I smile at the memory. With each year, that time with Cole keeps getting more and more beautiful to look back at. I felt warm like it was the love of an old married couple, and I felt hot like it was the lust of a summer love.

I can never feel like that again.

The sound of twigs breaking alerts me. I turn around and see the silhouette of a wolf emerging from the trees. I hold my breath. No wolf in this pack would hurt me, but I can't help feeling scared.

That fear, however, disappears when the wolf reaches where I can see it in the moonlight. It's Cole's wolf, Black. I can recognize Black anywhere from the scar that runs across his left eye.

"Black," I whisper. The wolf doesn't move. I've never seen Black up close. Whenever I was with Cole he didn't transform. I didn't ask him to, either.

The wolf simply stands there, looking at me. I slowly take a few steps towards him, watching for any reaction. But he keeps still.

When I'm close enough I raise my hand to touch him but he steps back. I move close to him but he moves back again. He doesn't want me to touch him.

"It's okay, Black," I say. It's not that the Alpha wolf of my pack is scared of me, but something about the thought of me touching him upsets him. I try my luck again and reach out with my hand but fail.

Black turns to his side and leaves, disappearing into the woods.

I head back home.

The next morning, even before the sun is up, Peter and I load our luggage on my car and leave. 

——A/N—— 

Helllooo! 

Y'all are cracking me up in the comment section 😂 

Love you guys 🥰

I've a notice to give: Coming Saturday I'll be traveling so I can't update that day. Sorry for the delay. 

Wanna share your Christmas, New Year plans in the comment section? (^_^ )