𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ↴

PART TWO"we're called individuals for a reason"

PART TWO
"we're called individuals for a reason"

· ˚ .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *   .  ✵ . · ˚ *   .     · ✺ · .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *

interlude brought to you by your hosts,
melody heaven healey & aurora briar blanc.

· ✺ · .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *

"I'M GLAD I WAS THERE."

Aurora's voice broke the silent contemplation formed after the two girls had taken a sip of their tea. Melody's eyebrows raised inquiringly, urging her to go on.

"I'd already had it contemplated, before. My sister is an enthusiast of the sport, as you know," She continued, "He's not... well, he's good. They all are splendid, and they have fun. Perhaps Mia will have a bit of a challenge, if the Gryffindor lineup is wisely picked."

"I trust she'll have more than a little challenge," Melody said. Granted, she was still a Gryffindor, still wanted her house to win, "He was quite glad you were there, too, Weasley."

"He indeed said so," Aurora said, eyeing the sleeves of her cloak as she smiled, "He wasn't in the usual feral state, surprisingly. I would've thought so. What, with the Quidditch enabling."

At the word feral, Melody certainly laughed. She didn't know why she hadn't come up with it first, but it was distinctly accurate. At least when he tried to talk to Aurora, like he lost consciousness of what was normal in human behaviour. At the start of term, the first howler to be delivered was, surprisingly not for James Potter, but for Aurora Blanc, and it was nothing but Fred's posh impression, enlisting, in a basically screaming voice, the reasons as to why they should go out.

"You're saying Fred Weasley acted like a collected person?"

"Well, he remains himself, but..." She trailed off, eyes lost staring at nothing in particular, managing a strange balance of peace and pondering, "I'm awfully sorry, my Melody, I must tire you, what with these boyish dilemmas—"

"Of course not," Melody interrupted, finding it almost funny she'd think that, "No, I'm human, too. I'm all ears." She dorkily emphasised, by putting the strands of hair behind her ears.

"Well, I do hope I manage to explain myself."
Aurora chuckled, pausing for another moment, ordering thoughts. "He is not what I would... expect of me. Frankly. I've made fine friends of Gryffindors, yet I would not have guessed I would be that sort of compatible..." A soft hm left Melody's lips, "Perhaps I never quite pictured myself with anyone, really. I was with Eddie for a good while, that is true."

"So, breaking up certainly was odd. Not having that part of my life anymore. I recall Thomas was so sensitive about it, asked if I'd already had my meals, approached if I was ever lonely..."

"Yeah." Melody cleared her throat, easing the sudden knot in there, "He's observant."

"Surprisingly so," Aurora agreed, nodding along, "He was such a nice part of my summer, I am ever so grateful. Naturally, I have been learning to warm up to them all, an abundance of Gryffindors. Even Fred. I suppose what I try to tell you is that, I find it more pleasant when he's just him, not the unhinged version that tries... such unorthodox schemes."

Once again, a deep silence surrounded them. There wasn't much to analyse, Melody understood everything she tried to say, but she went over it again in her mind, nevertheless. "Oddly wish we'd met before. Although, I am not sure things would have gone differently." Aurora added.

Melody did not typically think twice before handing out advice. If you asked her, her first judgement was pretty much solid (didn't matter how many times she'd been proved wrong, she'd still believe it). However, she did think this one through, before she delivered it, "I think you should talk to him." It was such a harmless thing to say, but easier thought than done.

"There's mutual interest from both parts. One a little more obvious than the other, I must admit," Melody said, "If you have that, I do not think you should waste it away. Do not ever tell him I spoke this, but Fred... is so very great, even more than what the people in this school make him out to be, though he makes good work of hiding it away. And you already know what I think of you." The two shared a brief, honest laugh.

"Unless, of course, uh—" Melody's voice, as well as her hands, quivered, and so, she quickly set them on her lap, away from focus, "—you still lean towards Thomas. In which case, you should not listen to what I just said." Despite herself, she smiled.

But, Aurora noticed, could not miss it for a second. Yet, she also knew Melody, if she pointed it out, she'd deny, brush it off in every possible way she could find. "Dear, I actually think I should listen," She said thoughtfully, "Well, what's the worst case scenario, anyway? It becomes an experience we may gaze at in the future."

"Aurora, you almost sounded like a Gryffindor there." Melody looked back at her, almost in surprise.

"Oh, no, Rowena forbid." A shiver went down Aurora's spine, leaning her head on her slightly taller friend's shoulder, which she corresponded by leaning her head on hers, letting out a soft sigh. As much as Melody enjoyed her solitude, there was something to warmingly homely about not being alone.