Round 16

ONE YEAR LATER

"[y/n] this is great! This is a once and a lifetime opportunity for you." Kenma smiled while pulling the girl into a tight hug. [y/n] smiled as her legs wrapped around how waist.

The acceptance papers to a US dance company stayed in her hands. Her laughs fill the room as Kenma spun her around. The boy pressed his lips against her cheeks. "You know I love you right?" [y/n] whispered while cupping his cheeks.

"Yeah, I love you too." He whispered back while kissing her lips softly. [y/n]'s smile slowly fell from her lips as she continued to stare at Kenma.

"What's wrong?" He asked while [y/n] slowly slipped out of his grasp. She ran her fingers through her hair while looking down at the papers.

"I'd have to go to the U.S...in a month." She whispered to the boy who quickly understood what brought her mood down. Kenma pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smile softly.

"How long?"

[y/n] chocked out a sad laugh while grabbing into the boy's hoodie. She chewed on the inside of her cheek and looked up at the boy. "Five years."

Kenma's smile slowly fell from his lips as he let the girl go. "Kenma, listen this doesn't change anything. I can come back during the holidays and whenever I have my breaks." [y/n] tried to reason with the boy who stayed silent. He took a seat on the bed and looked down at his hands.

"Five years?" He mumbled while running his hands through his hair. Tears welled up in her eyes as Kenma stayed silent.

"If you don't want me to go I can stay here. I get paid well with the job I ha-"

"Go."

[y/n] stopped her sentence and looked at Kenma. He smiled softly at the girl who roughly wiped her eyes. "I don't want you to just give up. This is a great opportunity to learn more and make a lot more money. I'm not going to hold you back. I'm not going to be that person." Kenma mumbled while standing from his spot and kissing the girl's forehead.

"What's going to happen to happen to us?" [y/n] asked while holding onto his arm. Kenma shrugged his shoulders and pulled the girls into a tight hug.

"We make it work."