Dreams are strange, my love

Third POV

Nagito stared at the grey walls off his room, then picked up the glass of water he had set on his nightstand and taking a drink. He sighed heavily, before laying down. He didn't want to sleep, but he didn't really have a choice. He heavily was sleep deprived and it definitely showed. As Nagito closed his eyes he has no thoughts, he didn't really have much to think about at the time. He soon awoke in a world he didn't quite recognize as the dream realm at the time. He was in a long hallway, he didn't know how he got there, but he didn't think about it either, because it seemed normal at the time. As Nagito walked down the long hallway, the lights flickered slightly and the slight feeling of uneasiness he had gotten got progressively worse. The halls no longer felt normal, and the flickering light gave a creepy aura. Even the place itself seemed twisted and wrong. He stopped to look behind himself multiple times, catching no more than a glimpse of a figure before it disappeared. After what felt like hours of walking he eventually came across two letters painted on the tile floors with black ink. "HH" Nagito pondered what that was for a minute, an abbreviation? Initials? Whatever, he thought, he just wanted to find the end of this hallway, the place seemed to be dripping with despair. The farther he went, the longer the lights were out when they flickered, until eventually, he was engulfed in the darkness. Despair. The dreaded feeling overwhelmed him as he turned around trying to walk back, then realizing he was incapable of moving. He wasn't scared of the dark, he usually found the night calming, but something wasn't right here, and he hated it. Nagito shut his eyes praying that he would no longer be there when he opened them, and well, he was back in his bedroom. He sat up quickly and looked around, sighing out of relief when he realized it was all a dream.

The next day, he was taking a walk when somebody bumped into him, it seemed he were too busy thinking to be aware of his surroundings. Nagito stumbles backwards and the man held out a hand to help him up quickly. "I-I'm sorry, I..didn't see you there." He stated, Nagito took his hand. "That's alright-" He stood up and waited for a name, "-Hajime, Hajime Hinata." The brunette answered. "Nice to meet you, even in this way..my name is Nagito Komaeda." Hajime looked at the watch on his wrist and gasped slightly, "Crap-! I'm sorry, I have to go!" He speed walked away, Nagito waved, though he knew Hajime didn't see it. Though, at the time he didn't connect the dots, there was something familiar about that name..

That night, he was up late again, then something came to mind, the dream..were those letters really just some nonsensical thing his mind made up? He pondered what it could've meant before coming to the incident at the park..Hajime..Hinata..it was then that he realized. HH..Hajime Hinata..no, it had to be a coincidence, he was just overthinking this. Nagito sighed, before laying down again, he didn't want to fall asleep during a conversation or something. He once again woke up in the twisted yet calming dream realm. This wasn't a creepy hallway, so it couldn't be a nightmare. He was in a large flower field, he saw someone in the distance..as he walked closer, he could tell it was Hajime. "Hey Hajime.." Nagito started to feel that same uneasiness. Hajime didn't turn around to greet him, he just stood there, staring at seemingly nothing. "Why are you here..?" He tried to start a conversation, no use. The sky quickly turned to night, except there were no stars to light the sky, and it was a new moon. "Hajime..?" He asked, looking around the shadowed field, but it seemed wrong now. He couldn't find Hajime anywhere, and suddenly, he woke up. Or..at least he thought. It was morning, so he got up and got dressed. He needed to go to the store today.

As he walked around the store, he realized no one else was there..not even the employees. Maybe they're on break, he tried to convince himself, But he knew something was wrong. As he walked down the unsettlingly quiet aisles he heard the ear piercing sound of glass breaking, one of the vases from the higher shelves behind him had fallen. He stared, stunned for a minute, wondering how it fell and who would put it in a position where it would evidently fall. He walked to the next aisle, and the next, until he came across one with nothing in it. He figured it needed to be restocked, he looked around, before noticing someone he soon recognized as Hajime standing behind him. He waved, "I have something to say that's gonna sound crazy.." Hajime didn't reply, he just stared emotionlessly. "..I..think I might've met you in a dream..before we met in real life." Hajime smiled at this, "Well, dreams are strange, my love." He disappeared, as if he was blown away by unnoticeable wind. "H-huh..?" Now he knew this couldn't be real. He had to find Hajime in real life again. Something was wrong. He knew something was wrong. But he couldn't wake himself up, it felt too real, as though he was trapped in a never ending nightmare..