42. Max Is Always Around

When I was about 14 my best friend had a sleepover birthday party.

Being the silly little girls we were, we decided to make a Ouija board to use, not really knowing any of the rules like making it say goodbye.

After an hour or so I wandered of to read some tarot cards and watch the Exorcist with the other couple of girls who didn't want to commune with spirits.

(Rereading that last sentence I sound like such a stereotype 😂)

Here's where it got weird...

After I left the spirit talking to my friends it changed, As in it switched to a different spirit altogether.

His name was Max and he was looking for me. I never knew a Max in my life.

My friends yelled out what he was saying as it moved and I was writing off as they teased me until he started giving them information about me that no one at that party knew.

Things like minor abuse I was facing and other little things.

That freaked me out.

I begged for them to stop playing, even after Max tried to convince me that he was not trying to hurt me.

The next time a Ouija board came out was the next year and only one girl from the original party was among the group.

We were baking a cake so when the buzzer went off, she and I headed up to take it out of the oven.

When we got back to the group another girl turned to me and asked, “Who's Max?” Apparently, he's stuck around after that first time.

If my friends want to use a Ouija board they don't invite me over unless they want to speak to Max.

He's always around.

A few times in my life I've heard a voice call out my name. It usually makes me stop for a minute, no more but at least twice, had I not stopped, I would have been in the path of a car going too fast to stop before it would hit me.

I strongly believe Max has stuck around to be helpful but, had we not pulled out that Ouija board, I would have never known about him.