Chapter 5

*unedited*

Word count: 1059

•lashley•

Using my hands to smoothen the lines of the dress, I pursed my lips turning my back, taking a once over at the mirror, I opened the bathroom.

After Mr. Tough guy left me in an extremely frustrated situation, Kari came into the room with a dress, it was beautiful Lacy light blue dress with a netty top design, insisting I had to come with her, but after a series of pleading and puppy eyes, I finally gave in.

I mean who wouldn't, those eyes are lethal.

A squeal broke me out of my thoughts, as I got into fighting stance, my eyes scanning frantically around the room as I searched for any signs of danger ignoring the serious restrictions the skirt was having against my knee, my eyes stopped on Kari who was looking at me wide eyed.

"What's wrong? Was there any rogue? Are you-"

"O-M-G!!!! You look amazing!!!" I mentally face palmed, of course that was her response but here I was thinking some rouge assassin threatened her existence,but swallowing all my initial statement, I gave her my best smile

"Thanks, you look amazing too" it's true she did, she was wearing a long sleeved red dress with an open back reaching up to her ankles that had a slit going all the way to her thighs which she paired with black heels, if you asked me it was a little too much for a bonfire but who was I to judge her sense of style and fashion.

"Thanks, now let's go" she said hooking my arm under hers as she smiled at me before we went out the room

"Nice medallion by the way, how'd you get it?" As she said that I felt my heart skip as my hand unconsciously touched the medallion

" thanks,- uh my dad gave to me" she just smiled leading me to a large door before opening it, outside the full moon was now shinning brightly, as different bonfires were made for different group of people, some people in native clothing dancing around the bonfire and singing some ancient songs.

They were known as the Moontalites, they are known as the ancient werewolves of the moon, they make their presence know everything new month traveling around all the pack in different states, their eyes were red and their ancient words spoken by them and their presence to a pack were bound to bring blessings for that pack from the moon goddess herself and by morning there where nowhere to be seen.

By the prophesies, they were able to see into the future, and communicate with the moon goddess, they possessed a moon shaped tattoo on their wrist on their left hand known only to their kind, they spoke an unknown language and couldn't speak english.

"Hey Lashley, you there" Kari said waving her hands frantically over my face, I held her hand shaking my head

"Yes I'm here" I said rolling my eyes.

"Just... Thinking" goodness, is this becoming an habit or something because this is not good.

'You tell me, you're finally thinking not just kicking the hell out of  a punching bag'

'Flora Nice for you to grace me with your presence' i said sarcastically.

' we both know the reason why I left' i could just imagine her narrowing her greyish red wolf eyes at me.

Flora can be such a drama wolf at times, long story short she got angry and blocked me out because she was angry with me for rejecting our mate.

'Damn right I am!' She shrike echoed in the walls of my mind.

I sighed 'Flora you have all beings should understand were I'm coming from we were giving a task to protect the emerald medallion at all cost because of the powers it posses because of the different beings after, its dangerous, we can't drag our mate into this mess, we don't want to hurt him nor his pack do we?'  Flora didn't say anything, she just blocked me out, probably going to think through everything I've just said.

"You came..." And amused voice said dragging me out my thoughts, it was none other than Mr. Tough guy himself.

"Of course I did, I couldn't deny the people of seeing my glorious face, Mr. Tough guy" I said emphazing the last part with wink, he just shook his head and smirked.

"You won't ever get over it would you" I shook my head

"Nope"

He just sighed "I'm sorry ok, but you can't really blame me, I was just doing my job, you were a rogue on our territory what exactly was supposed to do?"

I pretended to think, shrugging my shoulders " I don't know.... Maybe, not  make me sit on an extremely uncomfortable chair" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

He just chuckled, Good to know I haven't lost my touch in creating laughter when I'm being fucking damn serious.

Still looking at him chuckling, he abruptly stopped as his eyes glazed over, before his eyes came to normal, his expression dark as he cleanched his jaws and balled his hands to the side as he stood up

"I have to go" and with that. He left. What a strange guy? I still don't know his name though but even if I did, I'd still call him, Mr. Tough guy, I smiled at the thoughts.

"Finally you're done talking, I thought I'd have to wait forever watching you guys talk" Kari said her hands her hips, narrowing her eyes at me, her painted red lips in a straight line.

What did I do?

"Kari. I thought you were going to get drinks" I said looking at her noticing that she came back in fact drinkless

"Oh, I did get the drinks, but watching the two of talking made me sick, so I guessed the whole to shots"

"Sorry Kari"

"Don't be sorry" she snapped at me.

'Kari, are you ok?" I asked watching her body expression, she looked on the side of both tense and angry.

"I'm fine... It's just..." She looked at me, as I turned and looked at her expectantly, moving my eyebrows urging for her to continue.

"Never mind" I sighed defeated making my curiosity reach its peak. What has her so moody?

"Kari I-"

"We meet again, mate"

A/N

Update of the week.

Next update on the 25th of December 2020!!!

A special Christmas update.

Don't forget to...

Comment<---- Here

Suggest<---- here

Criticize<--- here

If you liked the chapter.Vote. follow.

P.S: there in no such thing as moontalites.

Nor is there I freaking tribe of people of it.

Purely imagination.

~prexy😍