Chapter 10: Pain and Pleasure

The pain in Darci's side is intense. She cannot breathe without it sending another wave of pain through her. Holding her side doesn't lessen the pain, but it makes her mind feel better knowing that she can pinpoint the exact spot it hurts. Eventually, her screams lessen, but she is still groaning; needing to make some noise otherwise she feels her head will explode.

She tries to look over at Marc, but he's not in sight, she can't see him anywhere. The more Darci moves, the more pain goes through her body, but she ignores it, the only thing she cares about is finding Marc. "Marc?" she manages to say between some louder groans. When he doesn't respond, she yells louder, sending a blast of pain through her again; this one more intense. But again, he doesn't answer; each time that he doesn't respond Darci gets more worried; scared that something has happened to him.

Darci is panicking by the time she catches a movement in the corner of her eye; it's Marc. Scrambling off the couch, she rushes over to him; completely forgetting the pain. Darci lunges towards him and flings her arms around his neck; clinging onto him like her life depends on it. Marc, caught off guard, tenses under her grip, but relaxes when he sees that it's Darci. Despite Darci being unable to move or speak because of the pain a few seconds ago, she is now sobbing uncontrollably into Marc's chest.

"Hey, what wrong?" Marc asks her once he's over the shock. His arms go around her, almost reassuring her as her grip on him starts to loosen a little. Darci shutters uncontrollably, her panic gone.

She leans against him; face buried into his neck as she attempts to speak. "I-I thought you l-left me. I couldn't see you. Please." She begs, "Please, don't leave me again." She finishes as her arms tighten around his neck again.

Marc reaches up and carefully pulls her arms away from his neck. "You're holding me too tightly." He chuckles softly, "I couldn't breathe properly." As Darci steps away from him a bit, she notices him holding a first aid kit. As suddenly as Darci's pain vanished, its back.

Marc leads her over to the couch and helps her sit down. There, he helps her lift her shirt; exposing her side to him again. Her side is majorly bruised, right where her ribs are. Marc kneels down in front of her and starts to tenderly touch her side, prodding it and noticing when she winces and when she doesn't. "Man, I don't know how you do it Darci." She looks down at him, shocked and unsure of what he's saying. "You have a bruised rib for sure, maybe two, but doubtful. This should hopefully help you heal."

He hands her a bottle of pain killers and a glass of water. She takes two pills than lifts her arms as much as she can so he can put some bandage around her torso. "Where'd you get the pills?" Darci asks curiously, wondering why they were in the first aid kit in the first place.

"I broke my leg last year, and had these left over. Never know when you're going to need them, especially in my line of work." He chuckles as he finishes wrapping her up, she watches as he ties off the bandage then sits back on his heels. "So, now that you have bruised ribs you are bed ridden. I am not allowing you to leave until they're healed." He stands up and helps her to her feet. Darci knows that no matter how much she protests, he's not going to change his mind. So she agrees with him, making it easier for both of them at the moment.

Marc leads her to the bedroom and helps her into bed. When he goes to leave, Darci grabs his arm and tries to pull him back; wincing as she does. "Ow!" she exclaims. When Marc goes to scold her, she stops him with a look, "I know, 'don't hurt yourself'. But it's your fault." Marc looks at her questioningly. "I want you to stay," she tells him, "please?" Darci tries to give him her sexiest look, but apparently failed miserably by how much he starts to laugh at her.

"I'd love to stay," he responds at first, then continues once he's sitting beside her. "But, I need to head into town for a bit. Got to go shopping, otherwise we won't have anything to eat. That, and I think it's time I get you some clothes of your own." When Darci starts to get up, Marc gently pushes her down by her shoulders. "No way. You are staying here."