Not So Happy Joyland

"You took me to Happy Joyland?" I said while laughing and smiling because I was thinking of all of the great memories I had in this wonderful place, although this place is abandond now it still holds a great place in my heart. I remember coming here when I was about 10 years old, I would come here every summer with my family and I would always brag to my friends about how awesome I was going to be when I was going to ride The Bullet, which was the fastest roller coaster of its time. Coming to Happy Joyland was the highlight of my summer, I remember when I finally arrived to Happy Joyland I would run up to the gate to where they would let us in, after we gave the bustling workers our tickets I rammed through the gates , my eyes filled with excitement as I made my way over to the other side, I looked around and saw children running around with their parents who were trying to get their children to contain their exitement, I heard the screams of the joyful teenagers riding the roller coasters, I smelled the fresh popped popcorn that had a nice glaze of butter on top, everything was so amazing when I was younger.. I had nothing to worry about back then and I actually got have fun and enjoy myself and I also didn't have to think about all of the hard things that I would have to face in life. My happy thoughts started to do a downward spiral, I started to think about my family and how much I missed them and I thought if I wouldn't have gone to school that day everything would be fine but now I can't change anything.

"Brittney what's wrong?" Zach came over to me with a concerned look on his face

I didn't realiize I had been crying till Zach was wiping the tears off my face

"It's just.. I really miss my family" I started to cry even harder, I was basically crying the equivalent of Niagra Falls

"shhh, just take a deep breath, its okay" He grabbed me even tighter and leaded me to a tree in which we sat under

"I just wish I would have known that I was never going to see them again, so then I could have told them how much I love them and how much they mean to me." I couldn't help but think that all of this is my fault

"Hey, you never know you might see them again, don't give up hope Brittney." He put his arm around me and squeezed me tight

"I know I haven't known you for very long at all but just know that I am here for you" Zach said while smiling at me

"I never knew that a zombie could be so sweet." I said while giggling

"Hey why don't we go ride some rides and then we can go find your family." Zach stood up and held his hand out for me to grab, he helped me up to where I was standing on my feet.

"Well lets not waste anytime!" Zach said with a smirk as he was running towards the fence, he climbed it with little to no problem and dropped down on his two feet on the other side.

"Come on slow poke." He said with a wink

I ran over to the wire fence and practically threw myself over it because I couldn't hold in all of my exitement, I was actually pretty surprised about how agile I was when I got excited. Being on the other side of that fence was like being in a different world. I looked around and saw all of the run down rides, I remember when this place was booming with living souls, and now it's just me and dead boy. I countinued to walk down memory lane when I saw the spinning tea cup ride, when I was younger none of my other family members wanted to ride it because they had motion sickness, but me being the little kid I was I wanted to show them how much they were babies for not wanting to ride on the "little kid ride".

"How do you get this thing to start?" I said while looking at the complicated control board

"Don't worry, I got it." With little to no problem he got the ride up and running