Prologue

Prologue

"Baby?" Goddess her low, sleep-filled voice! It pulled me out of my thoughts. "Come lay with me." It wasn't a question, and of course, I don't disobey. Standing from the chair in our room, where I had been taking off my work shoes and pants, I make my way to our bed. "That's it baby girl, lay down. Why are you still awake?"

"I just got home." Her pond grass green eyes, still filled with sleep, slowly opened first looking at my face, then the digital clock on the table, over my shoulder. "Baby.... it's 3 am." She leaned her head back against her pillows and sadly, she shut her eyes. Her statement wasn't harsh in her tired tone, but I could hear the unasked question. "Yes." I wrap myself around her so when I finish my sentence to ensure she will still be calm, "No one else came in today so I ran the place by myself. It took a while to clean up." I kept my face in her neck, the arm that is under my waist, and wrapped around my back, started tightening. Kissing her jaw, and running my hand through her hair, she sighed. "I know what you are doing, ..... but it's working. How can I be mad, when you are lying here with me? C'mere, close your eyes and let me hold you, let me take care of you." Even half asleep and frustrated she holds me like I make the earth rotate, and like I said.......I don't disobey.

Humming and tracing my features with her finger, her body fit perfectly into mine, my soulmate laid me to rest, her hummed lullaby keeping beat with our hearts. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Story! <3 <3 <3  

Jenny12A

Word count: 292