𝑯𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒖𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. [18th century]

"𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒎𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅
(𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒉-𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓) :

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 (90s)
𝑻𝒖𝒓𝒏: 𝑾𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒕𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒔 (2014)
𝑷𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 (2015)
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒔 (2008)
𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 (2013) /
L
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬

𝐒𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲, 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐋𝐆𝐁𝐓𝐐 + (𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞), 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐦, 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬, 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐲

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

• 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑
• 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃𝐘
• 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐇
• 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊
• 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐙𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊
• 𝐃𝐖𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐘𝐒
• 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐇
• 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 (𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝)
• 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐓 (𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝)

Trigger warning ⚠️ : racist terms used by an insignificant but useful character for the PLOT device. I obviously DO NOT endorse these kinds of inhuman sayings.

OVERTURE

Amazing Grace's melody sung gently in the background, in a whispering tone, by the ghost of Maria Belle, Dido's mother, having sung this song to her since she was a little child.

ACT ONE

Set
Late August 1795, Georgian England, in the HMS Indefatigable Royal Navy ship, under the command of Edward Pellew. Horatio Hornblower, one of his junior lieutenants, and Archie Kennedy are right now inspecting the situation in the coasts with him and another commander, as they were approaching the West Indies. As they were still in war against France and Spain, the officers were trying to find a solution to trap some of the French troops, in order to gain goods and therefore, lands.

CAPTAIN PELLEW: Gentlemen, I fear the situation is going to be hardened by some revolts around here. See, the coasts are being held by a consequent number of...

ASSISTANT IN COMMAND: Savages, slaves wanting their freedom. We will never get away with them, they are lucky that we are at war with the Frenchies, we don't need them...for now. The Royal Navy has always and inevitably been involved in the trade, its purpose being the protection of the national hegemony at sea. But these slaves may also disturb us right now, I believe...

PELLEW: Sir, I demand an apology for these outrageous words, as all the men here, you must be aware that the Admiralty has officially forbidden this practice in the Royal Navy.

ASSISTANT: But sir, surely you must understand that...We, the King's men, economically rely on the slave trade since ages, and for that, it is important to...