Mike Morton: Laughing Inferno

Summary: The fire has a fun time visiting the circus

Warning: Suffocation, fire, near death, a lil bit o' angst

Wordcount: 413

Note: idk if the circus actually burned or not... if it didn't... WELL IT BURNED IN THIS FIC. Anyway, in this fic I used the term 'friend' but really it can be any relationship you want.

Wasn't smoking suppose to be pleasurable? You heard from many people about how addicting it was, but really you felt like suffocating. The fire crept closer and closer to your weak body. You would've chuckled if you weren't injured because of the explosion that caused the current fire. This probably doesn't even count as smoking, you thought to yourself.

Though smoke was everywhere, the fire was still around 20 to 30 meters away from where you laid, you wondered how you're going to die–being embraced by the inferno or choked by the grey filter surrounding you? You closed your eyes–which were red and ached because of the smoke–and waited for the inevitable.

Death never arrived, instead, you felt a hand tapping on your cheek and a voice that was barely heard over the loud fire. Not bothering to open your eyes, you use what was left of your strength to reach out your hand to whoever was in front of you. If they can see that you're alive, maybe, just maybe, you can survive a little more.

Immediately after you moved your hand, pain jolted through your body. The person lifted you up bridal style and dashed out of the scene, away from the fire. Slowly, you start to feel the air get cleaner by the second.

Finally, the person carrying you stopped and gently settled you down with your back leaning against a wall. "Please, please," a familiar voice kept repeating, "please don't tell me you died." You tried your best to open your eyes and crouching in front of you was your dear friend Mike. He looked clean and not at all like a person who'd just been part of an explosion. Where was he during the fire?

"Mike," you croaked out, you felt him tense up then suddenly tears welled up in his eyes. You repeated his name again but was quickly hushed.

"No, no, save your energy." Mike took a quick glance around the area, "People should've noticed the fire by now, help will come soon-"

"Everyone... dead... bomb." Mike's ramble went silent after that. You weakly tugged on Mike's hand, feeling your tug, he enveloped your hand with his own and brought it up against his forehead.

"I know," he whispered, "I know, so please, don't leave me too."

He released an ugly sob, freeing all the tears that built up inside him. And he continued crying even as the shouts of nearby medics and firemen became louder.