[16] The Day

6 year time skip (Christmas Day) + narrator narrator's pov

Mark kneels down to the bottom drawer of his dresser. He pulls out a velvet box and fumbles with it. Today is the day. The man he has loved since high school was going to be his husband. Inside the box lay a wedding band, black with diamonds along the edges. He closes the box and goes out into the living room. Seán is sitting next to tree ready to rip into the wrapping paper. Mark squats next to him and sips his cocoa. Seán opens his first gift to see a video game. "I can't find this anywhere!"  "I have my ways." The gift opening continues like any other christmas, kisses and love filling the air, whip cream on noses, smiles on faces. One gift remains under the tree. Wrapped in red with a gold bow. Mark hands the gift to his other half. A nervous smile on his face. Seán excitedly rips off the paper to see that the box has written on it "Look at Mark"
He turns his head to be greeted by his lover on one knee holding a ring.

"Seán, I have loved you since the first time I saw you. You always know how to make me smile no matter how down I am. When you smile my heart melts. Seán William McLoughlin, will marry me and be Seán William Fichback?"

With tears in his eyes he nods and Mark puts the ring on his finger. Seán collapses onto Mark making them both chuckle. This has been the best Christmas they could ever had wished for