*insert witty title with a smart joke about Christmas trees* // Dear Evan Hansen

general festive endeavours with the mentally unstable teens :D I know it's been a lot of deh content but there's gonna be a historical lams one out on the big day where the fat man forces himself into your house, takes your milk and mince pies and enforces elf labour to make playthings to apologise to your children after breaking into their home while they sleep ;) 

Evan was agitated.

Everyone he knows has a Christmas tree up, but not him.

However, the lack of tree wasn't the problem.

Although Heidi tried to reason with him, Evan was the one to banish the idea of a Christmas tree, much to everyone's surprise.

A fake tree would be misleading and disrespectful to treekind, but a real tree would be taken from it's family and friends just to hold some decorations.

The predicament had been going on since the start of December, and now that Christmas was literally a matter of hours away, the problem needed fixing.

Evan was brought out of his thoughts when Heidi popped her head through the doorway to inform Evan that Connor and Zoe had arrived with tinsel.

It was a tradition that each family brings some sort of decoration to the host's house a few days before the 25th so that everyone contributes to the celebration.

 "Oh, h-hey Connor, hey Zoe!" Evan greeted them, a small smile playing on his lips at the prospect of not having to worry about trees for a moment. That happiness was almost instantly shot down as Zoe asked, "So, you still haven't put the tree up?" 

 Connor rolled his eyes at his sister and gestured to his sweater, which read 'Shut up its Christmas' even though it was still Christmas eve in what might be comic sans. Though Evan appreciated the gesture, he felt guilty that he still hadn't chipped in with his part of the project.

The conversation drifted into the topic of aliens, and though he had absolutely no idea how that happened, Evan was relieved that trees weren't being discussed, as peculiar as that is for him.

Evan didn't really participate in the conversation, only occasionally chiming in to make sure Connor and Zoe didn't think he was ignoring them, until Alana arrived with a huge box of ornaments for the tree, which was still missing in action.

 "Hello Alana! Oh, do you need help carrying that? Heere, I'll take it," Heidi greeted the newest guest.

 "Thank you so much Mrs Hansen, I'm so happy that you get to host such an important event!" Alana beamed and waved at everyone in the living room. "Heidi is fine, sweetheart." A small smile was playing on Heidi's lips, glad that Evan had such nice friends.

It was a while before Jared turned up with a giant bag that looked more like it should be used for transporting bodies, not fairy lights.

 "You're late, bathbomb." commented Connor, much to the confusion of Heidi.

 "I'm not late Hot Topic, everyone else is simply early," Jared replied in a smug tone, setting the bag down uncharacteristically gently.

Jared strolled up to Evan proudly, leaving most people in the room discombobulated and, dare I say, a tad concerned. However, Heidi smiled somewhat knowingly and left to check on the food.

 "No tree up yet, I knew it," he muttered to himself more than anyone else, and stepped back to the bag. Connor smiled a bit and said, "Isn't that bag bigger than you?" Jared rolled his eyes, but the grin stayed firmly on his face as he opened up the zip.

He lifted a string of tangled lights from the bag before bringing out a huge, firm, fuzzy, green thing with little hooks covering it. Zoe squinted before chuckling, "Defensive weaponary fursuit." To which her brother calmly uttered the words, "Zoe what in the festive fuck-"

To be honest, whatever Jared was now holding did in fact look like a fursuit, or rather, a fir-suit. HAHAHA GET IT?!?! I'M SO FUNNY!!!!

"It's a Christmas tree that you can wear! I guessed Evan would find himself in this situation so I asked Heidi for Evan's measurements and made this masterpiece," Jared stood on his tiptoes and held the strange article of clothing over Evan's head, before lowering it down around the taller boy's body, who was very confused during whatever this was.

It felt like a dress you'd find in a traditional princess fairytale, but with a built-in hat and spikes covering it. Jared smiled at his work before retrieving the string of lights and winding them around Evan, using the hooks to hold everything on.

"Jared, I- oh my goodness, I love it!" Evan exclaimed, smiling so much it hurt his cheeks. In fact, he started tearing up, happiness flooding him from the unconventional gift.

After a few minutes, Evan was covered in tinsel and ornaments. He could already tell that this was going to be the best Christmas ever.

so my brain died while doing this and i forgot how to write, resulting in this exchange-

thanks @Hoodiegirl007 for not letting me make a fool of myself and have a brilliant Christmas! Stay safe, strong and sweet my lovely little sugarcubes!! (i made that up on the spot, wow-) :D

Also, take this:               

940 words ;)