ISBILY 04: His heart

Nyx

They say love can be selfless or selfish. Will you be a selfless lover, or would you be a selfish one?

Looks like Erebus belongs to the selfless lover. Then I am maybe between the selfless and the selfish.

"Hey babe, are you okay?" Eros asked me.  He immediately get there after I called him about what I've found out. I don't know what to say. I was still hurt by that mindblowing fact. The fact that Erebus is already dead.

I can't accept it. I still can't, and I don't want to. Maybe he was just out there having a vacation in a very far place. Yeah I am in denial stage. I just cant accept it.

Eros just pulled me for a hug.. He already knew about the letter. He knows that I need someone to cry on, I was totally hurt, hurt by the fact that my one and only boy bestfriend, my first love, my prince, my knight in shining armour was gone and never coming back again.

"Hush now babe" he said while wiping my tears away gently.

"wanna go somewhere? Let's throw all those pains away" he said with a slight smile painted on his lips. There my boyfriend was there to be my pillow, my handkerchief to cry on. He was just there with me holding my hand while giving me strength.

___
"Babe, you've got a scar in your chest?" I asked Eros while looking at his big scar on the left chest.

We're here at my place enjoying some quality time together for we're going to be very busy the next day. He's actually topless because he just got stains in his white shirt after a little of spaghetti sauce was spilled because of my clumsiness. I chuckled with that. Never in my life I imagined to have this kind of experience with Eros.

"Uhm, yeah" he replied while putting his extra shirt on.

"How did you get such a big scar? Does it hurt?" I asked

I was curious of it. It was like a scar from a surgery. A Surgery?? What? Oh come on, did he just had a heart transplant? I was clouded with my own thoughts.

"I had gone through a heart transplant two years ago" he said

He had what?? I was horrified. How could he tell me, he still love if ever the heart he has now was not his? I was still shocked. He continued

"I have a weak heart. When I feel to much pain, it will affect my hearts condition. Two years ago, I met a guy in the hospital where I have my check up. It was the time when you were suffering from rejection, and that time I was visiting you right after my check up for a little inspiration perhaps" he sighed. I was shocked big time. I was too busy of myself that time that i never noticed him being weak. Oh boy, looks like I have been so self-centered all this time that I didn't even notice him being in so much pain also.

"He looks fine actually. When we had a little talk while waiting for appointment, he asked me why I was in that hospital. I told him about my heart's condition, and still looking for a heart donor because I still want to live, because I know you need someone to cry on, some ears to listen.. " he paused. Seeing him about to cry makes me melt. I want to hug him and comfort him, because that is what he need at this moment. A shoulder to cry on.

"He told me that he had a Traumatic Brain Injury and his chances of living was very low. We've talk a lot actually. He shared that he loves someone yet he rejected her because of his condition. He didn't want her to suffer and live her life a living hell because of him"

I was stunned. Shocked. It was somehow familiar.

Is it just me, or it was really familiar? It sounds same as what Erebus told me in that letter.