Author's Note: The Queens of Wonderland | Preview

In the Alice novels by Lewis Caroll, he had introduced three Queens of Wonderland. In the first novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, he introduced the tempermental Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts is often viewed as a satire of Queen Victoria, most likely in her later years. In the second novel, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There, he introduced the Red Queen and the White Queen. The Red Queen represents all the most powerful of empresses in the world. She also represents Victoria's mannerisms in my opinion. There is huge, HUGE, pop cultural mix up of the Queen of Hearts and the Red Queen. This I must note right now that the two Queens are two seperate characters. The Queen of Hearts is merely a bitch, and the Red Queen is a very uptight queen who one must show manners to at all times. The Queen of Hearts is the Queen of the cards, and the Red Queen is the Queen on the chess board for the color red. The White Queen is the third Queen who is completely all over the place. She has the ability to predict the future and acts upon it before it happens, making her appear delusional. She is very untidy of her appearance despite the fact of being a Queen. She is however very kind to Alice. At the end of the second novel, Alice is made into a Queen, having that she went through the entire chessboard. Unfortunately, Alice woke up to her kitten.

In my novel, all three Queens continues to exist. The Queen of Hearts has forgotten who Alice is, Alice isn't that important to her. The Red Queen knows who Alice is; she never forgets; a Queen should never forget. The White Queen also knows who Alice is. Her memory works both ways, so she has very good memory.

In my novel, I also introduced new Queens. Here, not in order of appearance, I will explain their story.

The Black Queen, I based off of Queen Victoria as the Black Widow, is the Queen Mother. She is no longer Queen of the Chess World; she had given up her crown to her daughters after her husband passed away and she is emotionally too weak to carry on. She roams Wonderland on her horse seeking happiness, but is unable to die. Although she could be seen as a very negative character, she is very motherly to everyone she meets and offers her life advice.

She has three daughters. The Red Queen - the eldest, the Queen of Hearts - the middle child, and the White Queen - the youngest. The Black Queen has split her kingdom into three parts equally for her daughters. However, the Queen of Hearts, as a middle child, has always felt that she's always been forgotten about. The Queen of Hearts demands that she deserves more than her two siblings, and not equal parts. The Black Queen believes that her daughters deserve equal amounts of land because she loves them all equally. Angried that she did not get her way, the Queen of Hearts disown herself from her family; leaving the chess world to be divided in half to the Red Queen and the White Queen.

The Queen of Hearts, before obtaining "of Hearts," met the King of Hearts and decided to marry him to show off to her family. To show that she is a Queen, and she can have her own huge kingdom. The King of Hearts very much love his wife, but she doesn't love him. She loves his money, and his power that she uses. The Queen of Hearts, obtaining his money, is very glamorous. She is all decked out in the latest regalia, the biggest headpieces, the biggest gowns, the biggest everything. By marrying him, she became the Queen of Hearts. The Hearts is a kingdom, a land to say, of a very huge organization with no name.

This organization works in harmony. It includes four kingdoms, the Hearts, the Diamonds, the Clubs, and the Spades. Each kingdom does as it wants, but they are all allies. Very much like Middle Age European kingdoms. As a rule, each official court regalias must include symbols from each kingdom with the host kingdom as the dominant symbol to show which land you are in. Which is why Alice always sees the Queen of Hearts sporting other symbols in her court gown.

The Spade Kingdom is ruled by the King of Spades and the Queen of Spades. Both are fairly young, and appears to be Alice's age. They love each other very much and sees Alice as a close friend even though they just met. The main sport in the Spade kingdom is archery. The Queen of Spades takes Alice on an archery trip and tells Alice that she doesn't favor huge gowns. She always wears a simple flowing green dress, and a hooded cape shaped like a Spade. The Queen of Spades doesn't fear adventure and always go out on them. Unfortunately on her adventure she drops Alice into a forest of thorns and loses her to the Queen of Clubs.

The Queen of Clubs is an unmarried Queen who rules her kingdom in a very communist way. She controls everything. She appears to be German to Alice with her German accent. She seems to favor the color silver a lot in her kingdom's palette. She might have a love for haute couture-styled clothes having that her gowns are on display in the throne room and they're all very different designs. The Queen doesn't allow people on her land unless it is an official state visit. She also rules her kingdom with a huge military factor to ensure no weakness to the outside. Like the Queen of Hearts, she demands death a lot.

There is no Queen of Diamonds... she has gone missing.