Chapter Three: The Bed

Alice walked into her room, closed the door, and sighs. Marriage may not be a frightening subject after all. Perhaps to others who ended up with a misfortunate life, but perhaps not to her at all. Perhaps, she could fall in love with Joseph Baker, and he in love with her. "Mrs. Joseph Baker. Mrs. Alice Baker. Mrs. Alice Liddel Baker. Yes, the names have a lovely sounding."

Her feet tires, and she decided not to do a journal entry as she does every night, but to lie down and rest. "Yes... Alice Baker does sound quite lovely." She smiles at nothing, and her senses feel the light mattress and soft pillows. Her world is content, quite content. No, the world is beautiful. She stared at the ceiling of her bedroom, thinking of nothing. Then, her eyes began to observe the ceiling as she never did before. 

The ceiling appears to be growing far away from her, and the walls seems to stretch. It must be the lack of air since the windows are closed. Alice was about to leave to open then when she finds her self sinking into mattress. The mattress itself is sinking into the ground. She looked up to find that she is far into the dark ground and the bed frame is very much like a picture frame.

She continued to float down and down and down.