05 . survival shows

"Hey Dot, come over here and help me with this!" Marley called out from between the long grass.

"What is it?" Dot asked before making her way over to the girl.

"What's left of the emergency slide I'm assuming. We've been walking for ages I say we take it back." Marley shrugged, feeling a little more confident in herself now there weren't a ton of eyes on her, even though she found Dot slightly intimidating the more she got to know her - in the best way possible, of course.

"Yeah, I mean you never know, it could be useful shelter." Dot replied, a small smile on her face as she helped the girl drag the remnants out of the tall grass, which proved to be a lot more difficult than they had initially anticipated and the pair were both panting as they finally got it onto the sanded path.

Taking a small break to regain normal breathing and their strength, the pair each picked up a front corner of the nylon slide and started dragging it along the side.

"You know, I didn't think this thing would weigh so much," Marley admitted with a small chuckle. "This is going to count as the most exercise I've done in a long time." The pair laughed at this, feeling a lot more at ease with each other than they had been as they made their way back towards their 'camp'.

"So, you, Toni and Martha have been friends for a while, I take it?" Dot asked, as the pair had been bouncing questions back and forth to get to know each other better on their journey.

"Yeah, we have," Marley replied with a smile, "Toni and I actually um.." Marley's voice faded out slightly, unsure of how Dot would react if Marley told her the truth.

"Used to date? I figured." Dot finished with a smile. "I'm observant but don't worry, I won't tell anyone else." This earned a smile from Marley.

"Thanks," she was about to continue their game of back and forth questions when she heard a rustle from the grass beside them. "Did you hear that?"

Marley and Dot put down the slide as Dot picked a rock off the ground and threw it into the tall grass, hoping to scare the animal into revealing itself or running away. However, the pair were shocked when Fatin stood up from the grass, a look of amused disappointment on her face.

"Jesus Christ!" Dot exhaled, angry but also relieved. "You have got to stop scaring me." This earned a small laugh from Marley, remembering the wake-up fiasco that morning.

"You need to stop throwing shit at unarmed brown people," Fatin retorted, making her way over to the pair, "You know, Dot, for someone who gives me such big softball player vibes, that was an awful throw," she teased, watching confused as Marley and Dot picked the slide back up. "What is that?"

"What's left of the emergency slide, we think." Dot replied.

"We were thinking we could use it as some kind of shelter? Protect us from the elements." Marley spoke up from beside them.

"You guys know that people are definitely going to pick us up right?" Fatin asked, sounding more as if she was trying to convince herself of the statement.

"Did you just take a shit up there?" was Dot's response after looking the girl up and down, eager to change the subject. Marley could only chuckle at the assumption.

"As if. This is Fatin you're talking to," Marley piped up as Fatin pointed at her in agreement.

"She's right. I took a piss. And I would never do that out here. Ever. Hand to fucking God I need indoor plumbing for that." Fatin replied, disgusted at the idea alone.

"Depending on how long we're here you might have to," Marley told Fatin, although the idea also repulsed her and she hoped that wouldn't be the case.