Mud pies [Revised]

Caregiver! Virgil and Dee
Age regressor! Remus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus grinned mischievously, dressed in an outfit he didn't care for all that much. His caregivers had told him he couldn't go outside that day because it had just rained, and they didn't want him to get covered in mud and drag it throughout the house. However, they should have known that just the mention of mud made him jump for joy. Remus being Remus, he wanted to jump in mud puddles and get all messy despite their objections.

He snuck out to the backdoor and pushed open the door while his caregivers were busying themselves in the kitchen. It was their mistake leaving him unsupervised, really. He ran out of the house and immediately hopped into a great big mud puddle, a joyous laugh slipping from his lips as the sludge coated his old, grimey work boots. It sent a little shiver up his spine with how cold and gooey it is. It spread like a virus the more he bounced. The brown, mushy sludge quickly began to cover the fabric of his pant legs, and after a small tumble, the rest of his outfit as well.

He knew from a young age that he enjoyed other things a lot of kids and adults took a particular distain with. He was always told he was a special child, and his parents never enjoyed his amusement for all things gross and messy. It didn't help that he has absolutely zero filter, ever so blunt and honest. A trait that, while usually insisted upon, wasn't at all welcomed in their small town. After realizing he couldn't be fixed, his parents grew tired of his inappropriate behavior and decided to just ignore him, which led to many years of mostly emotional but even physical neglect. He didn't care if they didn't love him for who he is—a weird little gremlin—and it didn't even bother him when on his eighteenth birthday, they kicked him out without a second thought or a care of where he stayed.

He met his platonic daddies in high school. They were his best friends. They gave him a place to stay when he was kicked out—Roman was still living with their parents at the time, but he tried to visit always. There were times in their childhood when Roman just wanted Remus to act normal too, that way their parents would stop yelling at him all the time, but he soon realized it wasn't Remus who needed to change.

Remus eventually found a job at a party store, and somehow, in between there, he, Virgil, and Janus confessed to each other, and their relationship soared.

It was actually only a few months ago when he began to regress. At first, he was a bit nervous to reveal this to his boyfriends. He's always been odd, but this was a different kind of weird. He didn't want them to hate him too like everyone else did and leave him in the dust. Obviously, they didn't. They adored the idea actually and agreed to become his daddies.

And that's how he got here, sitting a pile of mud.

A few worms wiggled to the surface, and Remus cheerfully scooped them up and set them on top of a mud pie he had created. A bright smile stretched from ear to ear, giggling high as he splashed about. His laughter began to die as he heard distant shouting, and he turned his head, his fun quickly coming to a close.  His two caregivers rushed outside, and concern creased into their expressions, immediately falling with relief seeing him safe and sound.

Though, that relief quickly faded to irritation.

"Remus!" Shouted Virgil as he walked no further than the porch, a groan leaving him as he eyed their little up and down. Remus didn't shrink from the shout, instead scooping up a big handful of mud and showing it off. Janus rubbed at his temples at the scene and glanced over at Virgil, ready to plead for mercy.

"Babe -"

"Nuh-uh. Nope. You were supposed to be watching him. So you get to hose him down and wash him." Virgil snapped, glaring at his partner. Janus groaned again in exasperation, running a hand through his hair, a deadpanned expression on his face.

"Daddy! Papa! Look! I made mud pies!" Chirped Remus, oblivious to their anger as he stood, just covered completely in mud from head to toe. Mud was even dripping out of his hair somehow. "The rocks are sprinkles! And its flavor is dirt! It even has worms in it for extra flavor!"

Virgil sucked in a deep breath to calm himself even just the slighest bit and not let his temper overwhelm him and sighed heavily. He knows he couldn't help it, but Virgil was a bit of a germaphobe, so he couldn't help but cringe at the mere sight. "Remus, we told you that you could not go outside. Why did we tell you that?"

Remus pouted and glanced down at himself. Mud sunk into every fiber of his clothing, most likely permanently staining them. It was literally everywhere.

"Because you didn't want me getting messy..."

"Yes, and now Daddy is going to hose you down then after you will get a timeout." He informs him, ignoring his whining as he turned to Janus once more. "If I see even one drop of mud on my floor, I won't hesitate to stick your ass in the corner as well. Understood?" He threatened with a stern frown.

Janus wasn't scared. His lover may act all scary, but he was a big sweetheart underneath that pointed stare he was drilling into his skull. Given that he looked like an angry kitten at the moment, he snorted in response. "Yes, honey." He shot back in mocking sweetness, rolling his eyes as Virgil headed back inside, grumbling under his breath. 

Janus glanced over to his little gremlin and smirked. "Alrighty, you little rat, up you get. Mama will kill me if I don't get you all cleaned up. You know he doesn't like messes."

"He's a germ-a-gnome!"

Janus smiled at his attempt and snickered. "Germaphobe, but yes, now come on, Gremlin. Next time, don't run off like that, okay? You gave Mama and me a heart attack." He explains, and Remus felt guilt stab his heart at how sincere he was. He hadn't meant to worry them.

"M' sorry..."

"I know, it's okay. If you weren't covered in bugs and mud, I would hug you, but for now, it can be a mental hug." Janus explains, carefully heading over to the hose, stepping over large piles of mud, unable to catch the evil glint in Remus's eyes before it was too late.

"Aw, Daddy, c'mon! Give your favorite Gremlin a hug!" Chirped Remus as he ran towards his Daddy. Janus glanced up just in time and dodged Remus just as he attempted to hug him and shook his head desperately.

"No, no. Remus, I sweat to god -" Janus actually shrieked as Remus ran towards him, and he immediately began to run away.

"Remus! If you get mud on me, I swear your TV privileges will be revoked for a mon -"

Janus was interrupted yet again when he slipped and fell into a giant mud puddle. He was lucky his face hadn't dunked in the substance. He grimaced, scowling up at Remus as he burst out laughing and sat up.

Oh, it was so on

Janus hopped up, grabbing onto Remus's wrist before pulling forward, causing the boy to stumble into the pile of mud with him. Instead of Janus' negative reaction, Remus began to cackle louder, chucking mud balls at Janus. It wasn't much of a punishment for the little troll after all. Instead, he beamed, truly in his element.

Janus would be lying if he said he and Remus didn't spend half an hour throwing mud at each other.

Virgil would be lying if he said he didn't watch with a fond smirk on his face the entire time.

At a safe distance, of course.