Chapter Five: Having a Joke with a Joker

Matt, Jessica, Luke, and Danny all stumbled out of the ship and gasped for air. "Sorry. You might not be used to flying in the Bioship so you might get dizzy." Robin told them, a smirk placed on his face.

"You didn't think to tell us that before we got in the ship?" Jessica yelled at him.

"Well yeah, of course, I thought about it, but I decided that I didn't want to tell you," Robin stated smugly.

Jessica pounced on him and pinned him down to the floor. She punched the space of cement next to his head, cracking it and causing the splintered pieces to shoot off into the air. "Don't mess with my head. You be civil with me, I'll be civil with you." She pushed herself off of him and stalked away.

"Were sorry about Jessica. She has some anger management issues. She also had someone mess with her head and make her do things she would rather not talk about, so, just don't mess with her head." Luke apologized.

"Let's go. We're fighting some sort of clown dude right? Can't be worse than Alexandra and her Hand." Danny changed the subject.

"Follow me," Kaldur told them as he ventured down the alleyway, towards the street where maniacal laughter could be heard. They rounded the corner and could see a man with white painted skin and green hair with a red drawn on smile cackling in the middle of the road whilst a bomb ticked in the middle of the street.

"Robin, you go and disable the bomb, Jessica, Daredevil, Luke, Iron Fist, you go fight Harley. Everyone else fights the Joker and defend Robin." Kaldur gave them his orders.

Jessica looked out into the street and saw a woman in a strange red costume with a mallet and red and blue hair. That was Harly.

Jessica ran up behind her and punched her in the small of her back. Harly grunted and fell to the floor. "That wasn't very nice missy," Harly muttered.

"Yeah well, I don't do nice," Jessica responded.

Harly leaped up and swung her mallet at Jessica and knocked her into a wall. One of Daredevil's sticks hit Harley in the center of her forehead, pushing her back a step. Luke rushed forward and locked his arms around her in a tight grip to stop her from thrashing and or swinging her mallet. Danny looked over to where the others were fighting the man with green hair and how the man cackled and dropped what looked like a smoke bomb and ran from the scene. The Young Justice ran over to the smoke bomb and contained it in a small area.

Once that was completed the Young Justice team rushed over to where Luke, Danny, Jessica, and Mat held Harley.

"Congratulations. Capturing Harley Quin is not an easy feat." Kaldur congratulated the Defenders. Batman and some other strangely costumed people appeared. They came over and one with a red costume with a lightning bolt on his chest zoomed over to the Defenders and Jessica punched him in the nose. "Owww, why would you do that??" The man whined.

"A rando is a red spandex run's up to a person. What did you expect?" Jessica Responds sourly.

"Well, I just wanted to check out the new folks that Big Bat over her talked us into working with our sidekicks." A loud sound of protest came from said sidekicks. "And how do you not know who I am? I'm the Flash! Everyone knows who I am!"

"Well, not us," Matt told him. The Flash looked over at Matt and ran up to him and tried to grab Matt's mask. Matt had other ideas. Matt grabbed Flash's hand and flipped him over his shoulder, kneeling on his back. "Don't touch my mask," Matt growled in Flashes ear, shoving him back into the floor as he got back up.

The Flash used his speed to get up and rush hiding behind the man with a big red S, cowering in fright. The man with an S on his chest rolled his eyes at The Flash's behavior.

"B-man. Introductions please." Jessica requested of the Bat. He glared at her.

"Superman" The man with an S on his chest nodded.

"Aquaman" the man with orange calves raised his hand.

"Wonder Woman." The only woman there smiled at the Defenders.

"You met The Flash." Flash huddled behind the newly dubbed Superman

"Cyborg" The man with a metal body grimaced at them.

"He's like a cross between Bucky and Tony," Danny muttered under his breath.

"Anyone else?" Jessica cut in before anyone could question it.

"Green Lantern is off-world right now," Superman said.

Luke handed the squirming Harley over to Cyborg and he carried her over to the transport. The Defenders watched as they walked her over to a ship and cuffed her hands together.

"The Joker got away but at least we got Harly," Kaldur told The Justice League.

Batman grimaced and turned to The Defenders saying, "You did well." before turning away.

"Let's go back to base to do a mission run through," Kaldur told the team and they all headed back to the base.