28

"YO! BITCH!" Virgil jumped the second he heard that loud voice. He was still getting used to the massive increase of his venom improved abilities, thanks to what Roman had done to help him. He groaned at the headache as he looked up only to freeze seeing the man literally hanging gfrom his feet off the chandelier. The vampire giggled crazily as he jumped down with little to no trouble at all, all while this man glared down at Virgil from the balcony, his heterochromatin eyes boring into the human's soul. "Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?" Virgil tensed fully expecting the new vampire to attack him like the other one did, as they just circled around him in thought. The vampire took a big ol sniff of him making Virgil flinch subtly at the grin he got that only widened at the scent. "Well don't you smell..." The man cut himself off as he just pointed a Virgil with this crazed look. "You Roman's bitch?"

"W-What?" Virgil squeaked as his whole body seemed to heat up at the accusation. The vampire just laughed historically as the one above growled.

"He's a hunter, Hun." He called out as he descended the stairs making the other's eyes narrow.

"Well, uh..." Virgil shifted awkwardly as he shook his head. "I not... not anymore... technically anyway." Virgil mumbled anxiously only for his face to blush even worse. "And I'm not Roman's bitch either. He's just my friend."

"You are..." The man in green gestured to literally all of him making Virgil whimper quietly under his breath. "...completely covered in Roman's scent."

"W-Well, R-Roman did stay with me all night when I was sick..."

"No, Dear..." Virgil's eyes shot wide at that familiar tone. It sounded way too similar to Roman's own voice. In fact... now that he thought about it, this vampire did seem to have the same foreign accent. "You reek of his venom." Virgil's hand instantly went to where he knew Roman had marked him and he tensed seeing how the guy's eyes started glowing a bright and dangerous green. "Who are you to my brother?" 

"Brother?" Shit, that explains it. Virgil took his time going over the one vampire's appearance and he frowned. Red hair, dark caramel-colored skin, same accent Virgil discovered to be Roman... Other than the green eyes and mustache Virgil could see the massive resemblance, even if he did appear to look much much younger than Roman, but that made sense if he was turned before him. The vampire almost looks about 16 but looks are very deceiving when Virgil knew he was the oldest vampire known. "Brother."

"Yes. I'm his brother." The vampire smirked as he held his hand out with an almost evil grin. "Remus Augustulus." Virgil choked back the laugh as Remus just blinked, tilting his head slightly to the side without dropping his smile. "What?"

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to laugh I just... I couldn't help but think of the twins, Romulus and Rem-..." Virgil's entire body went cold seeing how Remus's smile only grew and the revelation hit him like a ton of brick.

"That's exactly who we are." Virgil swallowed his anxiety as Remus just gestured another bow with his hand and giggled. "Remus Augustulus, Son of Mars, and Founder of Roma."

"Co-founder." Virgil jumped as he turned to see Roman standing right there with a very neutral expression. "Considering it was named after me AND you died before the empire even really set off."

"It's not my fault. I was just coming to play a prank!" Remus squealed as his brother smiled softly. "It's not like I was expecting to get jumped by a vampire."

"Well, then maybe you shouldn't have climbed my wall. It was there for a reason." Roman teased lightly before glancing over to see the pure shock in his human's eyes. "Virgil? My sweet?" Remus tensed at the nickname but Roman gave no mind as his full focus was on Virgil. "Virgil."

"Are you..." Roman cringed as Virgil's eyes finally met his. "Are you really... Seriously THE Romulus of Rome."

"I named it Roma but... Yes." Virgil completely crashed with a fit of laughter confusion Roman entirely. "Why... Why are you laughing?"

"My vampire friend isn't just the damn king of vampires... he's fucking Romulus of Roma." Roman blushed as Virgil continued to giggle over the new news. "Fucking Romulus... THE Romulus. Why didn't I realize that?" Virgil's eyes shined as Roman just shifted away from him. "Why didn't you tell me? Now I feel like an ass cuz I even brought you up."

"I just... I told you... I'm not proud of many of my choices. The... The Sabine women being one of them..." Virgil stopped short seeing just how uncomfortable Roman was and he sighed with a soft smile.

"I'm sorry, Ro. I won't bring it up again. I was surprised is all. I really don't care." Roman smiled slightly at that. "I was just... I guess... I was thinking over the odds that I would end up with you as a friend." Roman melted completely as he just nodded and smiled, even more, a fond gleam in his eyes.

"I thank the gods every day for it." Remus suddenly cleared his throat making Roman jump a bit and frown seeing the look his twin was giving him. "Right. What time did you arrive?"

"Not long. As soon as I got here I smelt that heavenly treat and went find him." Roman growled instantly stepped in front of Virgil with a glare in his eyes that only made Remus's eyes darken, despite the giggle he made. "Relax, Robrobrain. I'm not going to touch your precious pet."

"He's not a-..." Virgil quickly grabbed Roman's arm stopping his comment as he sighed.

"I can literally smell you all over him, Ro." Roman blushed as he gulped down the sudden heat and just nodded in understanding.

"R-Right... Uh... We um... Just... Come on." Roman quickly grabbed Remus's arm dragging him off as Virgil stood there watching with a longing smile after his vampire. The last Vampire remaining, with those piercing heterochromatic eyes, just laughed as he nudged Virgil lightly with a shake of his head.

"Dude... You've got it bad."