No Book To Stop Us (Prologue)

~Time: Directly after Season 2; Ep.3, Book of Obsession ~

----------

A purple and red jester with a staff was running around the village late at night. He was following the sound of someone yelling, or more specifically something yelling. He stopped in front of a window to a house and peered inside, a little girl was having a play tea party with her toys and a book with a face. The book was struggling against the ropes it was tied down in.

"Would you like some more tea, Mr.Book?" The little kid asked as she force-fed it more tea.

The book started gagging but composed itself with a very forced smile.

"I love your tea, hehe." The book said with a nervous laugh.

The kid pulled out a small tube.

"Do you need more binding lotion?" She asked.

"NO! NOT THE BINDING LOTION!" The book noticed the jester at the window, "HEY! Jestro! GET ME OUT OF HERE! JESTRO!!!"

Jestro backed away from the window and snuck around to the front of the house. He readied his staff to knock down the door.

"Jestro!"

He flinched as he recognized the voice. A blue knight ran around the corner. Jestro turned and ran, trying to put as much distance between him and the knight as possible.

"Without that book I'm powerless!" Jestro thought in a panic.

Not looking where he was going, he smashed into an alleyway wall face first.

"Owwww..."

The knight rounded the corner.

"Jestro!"

The jester whirled around holding up his staff.

"Stay back, Nexo Knight! Or-or I'll destroy you!" Jestro said with a scowl on his face.

The man in blue slowly approached him.

"Jestro, I need to talk to you."

"I don't want to hear it, Clay! Just wait until I get my book!" Jestro spat at him.

Jestro tried to get around him but Clay pushed him back.

"There's something sinister about that book, he's using you!" Clay told him.

"I don't care! He's the only one who's done me any good!" 

Clay grabbed him by the shoulders as he tried to get away again.

"He's making you into something you're not! Don't you remember the Knight's Academy? Merlok? Axl? Macy? Me? We're here for you!" Clay exclaimed.

Clay could see tears well up in Jestro's eyes.

"I can't go back now. I'm in too deep. No one trusts me." Jestro prattled.

Clay pulled him into a hug.

"That book has no power over you," Clay told him.

They heard the sound of a window shattering and a thud.

"Jestro!!!" The book of monsters shouted.

Clay let go of Jestro.

"I know you'll make the right choice."

Clay ran off as Jestro got lost in thought.

"JESTRO!!!" The book shouted again.

He snapped out of it and ran back to the house he was spying on. The book of monsters was lying face up on the ground with broken glass around him.

"Pick me up joke-boy and let's get out of here!" It shouted at him.

Jestro looked over his shoulder to see if Clay was still around there somewhere, thinking about what he said.

"What are you waiting for? Get me out of here!" The book shouted.

Jestro picked up the book and ran off toward their HQ.