A Trip Down Memory Lane

Third Person POV, Clay:

Clay wandered the desolate plain, his surroundings soon turned into some kind of wide hallway. He walked for what seemed like hours until he came across some doors. They all looked relatively similar and they were closely adjacent to each other.

"What is this place?" Clay wondered out loud.

He reached for one of the doors but hesitated. What if one of the doors led to certain doom? But curiosity won over. Clay knew that he wouldn't get anywhere at all if he didn't explore. After all, Jestro could be anywhere! He grasped the knob on the door and turned it. The door opened and on the other side was the Knight's Acadamy! Specifically the courtyard. Clay stepped inside the door and took in the surroundings, a wave of nostalgia washing over him.

"C'mon! Will you please show me?" A small voice begged.

Clay turned around and saw himself as a little kid with a little Jestro. They didn't seem to notice that Clay was there.

"Y'Know I'm not that good at it... Merlok just taught it to me." Little Jestro insisted.

Clay remembered this, Jestro was just beginning his apprenticeship with Merlok after not being able to pass as a knight.

"Please?" Little Clay asked.

Jestro sighed. He held his hands out in front of himself and closed his eyes. A small glowing purple sphere appeared.

"Look! It worked!" Little Clay exclaimed.

"Really?" Little Jestro asked.

He opened his eyes and the small ball of magic disintegrated in a poof of sparks.

"Aww..." Jestro said with an air of defeat.

Jestro hung his head, tears welling up in his eyes. Little Clay put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be sad! I'm sure you can get it next time! You just need to practice!" Little Clay exclaimed.

Little Jestro wiped the tears from his eyes and looked up at him.

"You really think so?" He asked.

"I know so! You can do anything you put your mind to!" Little Clay exclaimed.

Little Jestro sniffled.

"Okay, I'll keep trying," Jestro responded.

The two kids walked with each other into the Knight's Acadamy. 

Clay watched as the two children disappeared into the building. He walked out of the door he came through and closed it behind him. He looked at all of the unopened doors.

"These must be Jestro's memories..." Clay thought to himself.

He looked down the hall and saw two tall doors at the end, they were very foreboding.

"Is that... one of Jestro's memories?" Clay asked himself.

It couldn't be. The door was bolted shut and had bars of steel laid across it. Despite the ominous air to it, he ran to the door and started to unlatch it. Prying off the steel beams one by one.

-------------

Monstrox POV:

I ran out of the memory I was just in. It was of Joke-boy screwing up the performance and knocking out the electricity. That was just before he went and busted me out of Merlok's library.

I slammed the door shut behind me and pressed my fingers against the bridge of my nose. How many more memories would I have to burn through to find the wretch who brought me here? My question was answered as I looked down the corridor to see Clay Moorington running to the double doors at the end. I watched as he started prying open the door.

"Ha! The fool doesn't know what he's getting into." I thought to myself.

Clay lifted the last bar off of the door and grasped the doorknob. He slowly turned it and peered into the vast room. I noiselessly crept up behind him. At first glance the room was empty, but after giving it a second look, I could see a shadow-like figure standing there. I realized what it was as an evil grin spread across my face.

I brandished my staff and hit Moorington square in the back, causing him to let out a grunt of pain as he was thrown into the room. I cackled as I shut the door and bolted it behind him.

-------------

Third Person POV, Fortrex:

All of the knights were now gathering in the training room around the unconscious Clay. Aaron rubbed his face as if he were wiping the tiredness away.

"Macy... Why did you have to wake us up so early?" Aaron complained.

They noticed Clay lying on the floor with wires attached to him.

"Whoa, what happened to him?" Lance asked.

"I-is he?" Axl gulped.

"No, he is not dead." Ava elaborated.

Aaron, Lance, and Axl breathed a sigh of relief.

"But he might be if I don't get this program working soon." Ava finished.

This sent the knights into another panic.

"Everyone calm down!" Merlok exclaimed, "We have discovered a way to fix this!"

Everyone paid close attention.

"Clay used the dreamscaper spell to connect to Jestro's mind. Since we have Clay hooked up to our sensors but not Jestro's body, I am unable to communicate with Clay in the mind space." Ava started, "But if we can get Jestro hooked up to the computer here, we will be able to talk with Clay in the dreamscape."

"Wait, but why do we need to talk with Clay? Shouldn't Mr.Superknight be able to handle this?" Lance asked.

"Yes, but I sense that something terrible is about to befall him." The Digi wizard explained.

"So, you're proposing that we kidnap Monstrox from the castle infested with monsters?" Aaron asked.

"Yes." Macy sighed.

"Well, then we got no time to waste!" Aaron exclaimed.

The knights ran to the control center and started up the Fortrex with the capital as their destination.

-------------

AN: You're probably sick and tired of these announcements right? I'm sure you are. Anyway, who or what could that shadowy figure be that Clay must now confront? Monstrox sure seems confident that Clay is doomed. Wonder how the knights will pull off kidnaping Monstrox. I plan on updating TWICE next week, once Tuesday and once Wednesday. Hope you have a good rest of your day! My brain has tapped out.