𝟏𝟎

𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 

After Stefan's outstanding act in history class, he was feeling big about himself. Proud to finally get to put the teacher —who was so over his head— Mr. Tanner in his place.

The only bad part was, Mr. Tanner was also the coach of the football team. And he probably wouldn't let him join his team now. But he'd try to do anything not to see the disappointed look on Stassie's face. So there he was sitting on the bleacher, thinking about how to approach the coach.

"Just go up to him and tell him you're sorry or something, Stef. Then say yes to whatever he had on mind," Stassie said as if reading his thoughts.

Turning to her figure, with the afternoon glow slapping against her skin, Stassie almost looked ethereal. If she didn't find him staring at her was creepy, he'd gladly do it all day long.

"Or I could compel him," Stefan answered as he came back to the land of the living.

"Yeah and the chance of him drinking vervain was high, I can picture him being that type of person who was super cautious and mistrustful with everything, you know."

"Since when do you put people in some type of person?" Stefan asked amusedly, raising his eyebrow.

"Since I've started being an official resident of the Mystic Falls," she answered proudly.

"That doesn't even make sense, you're lucky you're cute," he laughed, throwing his head back.

Rolling her eyes, "You're not as smooth as you think you are, Stefan."

The duo haven't talked about their moment last night, they were content enough with the state of relationship they were having right now. And the possibility of ruining it made the two of them want to avoid it as much as they could.

But that didn't make them wanna kiss the shit out of each other any less. Another reason they would rather avoid the conversation was probably because of Kodi and Elena.

Stassie was so used to him being a simp over Elena to wrap her mind around the idea of him that might fancy her for even a little bit. Then Stassie being so close already with Kodi made Stefan doubt himself. He had been more often than not, being friend-zoned by Stassie.

Maybe, they were just avoiding the potential of heartbreak. Although you'd never know what the future hold.

"There's Elena, come on," she announced as Stassie spotted Elena walking beside the field.