~2~ Sorting Ceremony

Because I am a 5th year I need to wait until all the first-year students were sorted. There was always applause when someone got sorted. For some people more than others. The old woman who was called McGonnagal called the first years so they could get sorted. She placed a hat on their heads. For some people it took a few seconds to decide their houses, others took minutes.

I wasn't really paying much attention to the storting until the woman called my brothers name. "Felix (L/n)!" My brother walked to the chair. When he sat down he gave a little smile at me. I could tell he was nervous but when the hat called "SLYTHERIN!!" he looked relieved. What? Slytherin? He was annoying yes, but evil?

The man with the white beard who probably was the headmaster started to talk. "Now that every first year is sorted we can sort the other students." I was not the only non-first-year who just started at Hogwarts, which made me less nervous. "The first one is (Y/n) (L/n)!" I walked towards the hat and sat down. Everyone was looking at me. I looked towards the Gryffindor table where the trio was sitting. They all gave me a little smile.

"Hmm. Difficult. Very difficult. Enough courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh, yes a lot of talent — and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting... So where shall I put you?"

"Everything is fine except Slytherin. Please no Slytherin."

"Not Slytherin? Are you sure about that? You have the right traits to be a true Slytherin. Hm, well, I guess you could fit into Gryffindor, although Hufflepuff could also suit you very well. No, I think this is it." "GRYFFINDOR"

I was so relieved. Not only because I wasn't a Slytherin but also because my friends are in Gryffindor. I walked towards the table of my house while all of them were clapping. Hermione said I could sit next to her so I did. "Thank you, Hermione," I said to her. "No problem," she answered. "So, who is this beautiful lady?" a person to my right asked.

I turned my head to face the tall redhead. I looked into his eyes. He smiled. "That's (Y/n) (L/n)," Hermione answered the question after I didn't respond. "Uh yeah, sorry, nice to meet you..." "Oh, Fred Weasley." "Hey, are we just going to ignore the better-looking one?" the voice sounded so similar. When I turned my head I faced another tall redhead who looked just like Fred.

"Hi, I'm George Weasley." the twin brother said. "Oh, hey," I said with a confused look on my face. "Hey, leave her alone," Ron said. "Sorry (Y/n), they're really annoying." Just when I was about to answer the headmaster began to talk again.

"Now that everyone is in their right house we can start the new year." The man had a big smile on his face. "First I want to tell the new students that the Dark Forest is off limits. Don't go in there unless u want to die a painfull death."  Well that took a quick turn.

The man continued. "I hope that everyone has a great year and I welcome everyone. Now the feast can begin." He clapped his hands three times and within seconds the table was filled with delicious food.

————————-Timeskip-————————

When I enterned the Gryffindor common room I couldn't decide where to look. It was so beautiful. "It's gorgeous right?" Hermione said with a big smile on her face. She was glad to be back again. "Mhm" I agreed with her. The trio me and the twins went to the sofa and the two armchairs by the fire. I decided to sit in an armchair and so did Hermione. The boys had no other choice to sit in the sofa and so they did.

"Well another year at Hogwarts." Harry said with a smile on his face. "Well for me the first time." "So that's why we don't know you yet." The twins said in union."Nope, I got expelled at my previous school." Before the twins could say something,Harry almost shouted his sentence. "You won't believe what (Y/n) did to get expelled!" Harry was so exited to tell them. I turned completely red. "It's bloody brilliant." Continued Ron.

"Oh then," Fred said with a little smirk on his face.

"Let's hear it." George completed Fred's sentence.

"She-" One of the twins must have noticed how red I looked because before Harry could finish his sentence he stopped him. "Wait." I looked up to face the twins. Fred turned at me. I gave a smile of relievement. "Why don't we let (Y/n) explain it herself." The smile I gave him before faded real quick into a cold stare. He winked at me. Oh, he knows what he's doing, I thought to myself. "Oh that's a great idea." George supported his brother. Well if they wanted to know so badly.

"Well, there was this teacher. His name is Lockhart." "Lockhart? We had him as a teacher a few years ago, he's so annoying." Harry said while rolling his eyes. "I know right! So annoying that I uh, turned him into a spider." Again, that awkward silence. The twins started laughing and soon everyone joined them, even me.

"That's so cool (Y/n), why are u ashamed of that?" George said while still laughing. "Oh, you're gonna like Snape then." Fred said with a sarcastic voice. "Snape? Who's Snape?" "Only the most evil and annoying teacher at Hogwarts," Hermione said laughing for the first time this evening. "He's head of the Slytherin house." She continued "But is he that bad?" I never had a teacher that bad before, except for the one I turned into a spider. "Oh just wait for tomorrow, we have potions as our first class," Ron said excited for some reason.

"It's already pretty late, we should go to bed." Hermione is right, it's already 12 am. Everyone said their goodnight's to each other. Harry, Ron, and Hermione already went upstairs when the twins walked towards me. "Hey (Y/n)." "We have a question." The twins always complete each other's sentences and I love it. I gave a big smile. "Yeah, what's up?"

Before the twins could ask their question, someone interrupted them. "Hey (Y/n), are u coming or not?" Hermione was waiting for me at the stairs. "Oh yeah sorry," I replied to her. "Sorry guys, I need to go. See you tomorrow I guess?" "Yeah of course." I smiled at both of them but Fred was the only one giving one back. He has such a beautiful smile.

Word count: 1113

Sorry if this chapter is bad, I kinda did half of it at like 12 am so. I still hope u enjoyed it. Also I kinda just wright at the moment self so it's probably not good at all but yeah I enjoy writing it. :)