~1~ Hogwarts Express

"(Y/n) come back here!" I was just about to enter the train when my mom called me. Ugh, here we go again. "You don't think you could leave without saying goodbye did you?" Actually, I did. "Of course not mom." I lied.

"I want you to behave yourself this year." You really don't want to know how much I heard this over the past 2 months. I rolled my eyes in response not thinking she would see it. "(Y/n) don't give me that attitude, we have a reputation to hold hight!" she said rather stern. My mom has a really important job at the Ministry. My dad is a muggle so he has a job in the muggle world. They both want me to take my mom's job when I'm older.

"We?!" I almost yelled. My mom looked around embarrassed. "Yes, we," she responded. "I want you to have a good life and that's only possible when you have a job at the Ministry." I didn't want to hear anything anymore so I just turned around and walked to the train. "(Y/n), at least take your brother with you!" Ooh yeah, I also have a little brother. He's 11 so this is his first year in any magical school. He's really annoying so I was hoping to get a compartment without him. Well, that idea had failed.

After searching for several minutes we finally found an empty compartment. My brother jumped on the seat by the window. "Where's mom? I can't find her." He looked sad for the first time. "She probably already left, her work is more important than us." He rolled his eyes. "Shut up (Y/n), that's not true, she loves us." I'm not so sure about that. "Yeah whatever, just be quiet." He did as I said.

"Excuse me." I turned to where the voice was coming from. "Can we sit here, everywhere else is full?" "Uh, yeah of course," I replied with a little smile on my face. Two boys and a girl walked into the compartment. The girl sat down next to me and the two boys across me, next to my little brother. "Hello, I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger." the girl said. "This is Ron Weasley," she pointed at the redhead. "And that's Harry Potter," now pointing at the raven-haired boy who gave me a smile. "Oh, I'm (Y/n) (L/n) and that's my little brother Felix (L/n). "It's nice to meet you (Y/n) and Felix." The redhead said.

-------------------Small timeskip (they all talked with each other before this.)

"Why haven't we seen each other before?" Ron asked after he made a stupid joke. Oh boy, here we go. "Well uh, I was expelled from my previous school." I was embarrassed because it was a stupid story. "Expelled?! What did you do?" Hermione asked with an expression on her face like I killed someone. "Iturnedateacherintoaspider," I mumbled as fast as I could. "What did you say?" asked Harry with a smile on his face. He probably heard what I said. "I turned a teacher into a spider." My face turned completely red. After an awkward silence of 5 seconds, they all began to laugh. "Are you serious?" "Yes, yes I am." I started to laugh with them. "Omg (Y/n), I can already tell you're amazing," Harry said again with a smile on his face.

"We're almost there, let's change into our robes," Hermione suggested. Because I wasn't sorted yet, I had robes with the school logo on them. The trio had robes with the Gryffindor logo. After we changed into our robes we went back to our compartment. "Hey (Y/n), what house do you hope to get?" "I don't know, I don't really know the houses that very well." "Oh, do you want me to explain them to you?" Hermione asked. "Yeah, sure."

"So there's Gryffindor the house we're in. The traits of this house are courage, chivalry, and determination." "I still don't know why Ron got in this house, he's terrified of some stupid spider." Harry joked. "Oh shut up," Ron answered. Hermione rolled her eyes. "There's also Hufflepuff. Most of the people from that house are very loyal. Must be because that's one of the traits. The other traits are hard work, dedication, patience, and fair play." "Oh well, that's not going to be my house then, I'm very lazy." I laughed.

"Ravenclaw is the next one. The traits are intelligence, wit, and wisdom." "Hmm, sounds interesting." Really, it sounds like a cool house. "The last one is Slytherin. Slytherins must have ambition, are cunning and resourcefulness." Hermione finished her lecture about the houses. "So which one do you like?" one of the boys asked. "Slytherin sounds most like me, I think." The trio looked almost disgusted to me. "What?" "Oh yeah I didn't tell you this but most of the Slytherins are... evil." Oh, so that's why they looked at me like that. "Oh," I said with an awkward smile. The train slowed down. "Oh, I guess we're here," Harry said while breaking the silence.

Word count: 841

I know this is a boring and small chapter but I will make it more fun. Also, I know my writing is really bad, this is my first story so. Tips are very much welcome.

Yes, this is a Fred Weasley story he will come in later :)