chapter 4

The next day my parents told me to pack my things, I was feeling so many emotions. I was nervous, happy, excited, but mostly scared. What if I hurt someone, if I cant fight whoever this person is or if I can fight this witch and save everyone.

My thoughts were interrupted by a couple of my friends running into my room yelling. My best friends lily,Lucas, Jay, and Mia all ran in and threw themselves into chairs and on my bed. "Hows our favorite dork doing?" Asked Jay laughing. "Wanna hear a joke?"asked Lucas. "I'm doing good Jay. I would love to hear a joke Lucas." I said laughing while packing. "So there's two muffins in the oven, one says wow it's hot in here. The other says ahhhhhh a talking muffin." Lucas said taking my bag and dumping the contents on my bed and trying to get in it himself.

"Lucas what are you doing?" Asked mia. "Well if she is going on an adventure she has to take me along." Laughed Lucas as I took my bag back. "Where are you going?" Asked lily. "To the wizard Matt, I guess he is suppose to help me with my powers." I said showing them my flower blossoming power." Well we better get home and packed ourselves." Said mia shoving everyone out the door. "Where are yall going?" I asked. "Oh your parents told us we are going with you because one you cant drive, two it's safe in a group, and three they cant go with you." Said jay on their way out.

I continued to pack till my sister came in with a wrapped box. "What's that?"I asked. " open it, it's an early birthday gift from mom, dad, me, ollie, and rover." She said smiling. "Wait who's ollie?" I asked ripping open the present , inside I found a book over why a witches magic is red. At the very bottom I found a sonagram picture of a baby."that's ollie." She said pointing to the picture. "We're getting a baby brother. That's why mom and dad cant go, and why their sending my friends to go with me." I screamed with excitement. She hugged me then I ran downstairs and hugged my mom."so you got our gift." She smiled brightly. "Both gifts." I smiled

We got dinner ready and this time I cooked catfish and potatoes. We invited jay, lucas, mia, lily, max, and reign over for dinner to discuss the plans. "Alex are you all packed?" Asked reign." Yeah uncle reign I'm all packed and ready to go." I said nervously. "When do we leave?"asked lily. "Tommorow morning at 7. I think jay and Lucas will be picking up max and mia, then lily, then they'll pick up you Alex." Said dad. We talked and talked until it was time for everyone to leave.

I lied awake thinking what is I'm putting my friends in danger if they come or what if they didnt come and that's how they'll get hurt. I kept thinking and thinking until I passed out.

My alarm went off at 5 but I hit the snooze button and about 30 minutes later I felt a heavy weight on my legs. I looked around and saw trees surrounding me, a tree lying on my legs. I screamed but my voice was mute. I tried to get up but I couldnt then all of a sudden the tree was gone and I could move, I was in the forest just south east from the school. I looked around and saw bodies lying on the ground,I realized that they were my friends and family. "This is your future, you know who did that to them? You did, you hurt them." Said a voice I recognized as the voice in all my dreams. I looked around and saw the black haired witch, "how is this my future and how did I hurt them?" I asked. "I took over when you guys were driving to the wizard, I or should I say you grabbed the wheel and crashed the car, they screamed the first to fall was mia with a head injury from the crash, then one by one they fell. They thought it was you who did those terrible things, they tried capturing you but I made you kill them first. " laughed the witch. My body fell limp and I passed out again.

When I woke my friends were in my room shaking me to wake me up. I screamed in fear, knowing that they would die if they went with me. "What's wrong with alex?" Lily asked. "I dont know, lily go get her parents, max get a cold wash cloth, Lucas get me a flashlight, jay get me that bag of salts out of her top right draw of her desk." Said mia. They got everything mia asked for, first she checked my eyes with the flashlight, then she put the cold wash cloth on my forehead, and lastly she waved the salts under my nose.

I slowly gained conscientiousness, I looked around confused and I just hugged everyone tightly. "What's wrong dear?"asked my mom. "No one can go with me on this trip, it's dangerous, I had a dream that all of you died and I did it."I cried sitting back on my bed. "She's in her head again." Said dad to mom. "Can you guys leave the room for a few minutes?"asked dad "theres snacks in the kitchen." Said mom showing them.

Dad shut the door behind them and said "close your eyes and tell me everything you hear, feel, smell, and taste." I took a deep breath and said " I hear the wind chimes, rover's conversion with rocky the next door neighbors dog, mom and my friends laughing, I smell cookies, sandwiches, spearmint gum, I feel the winter breeze, the warmth of the heater, my soft blanket, and I taste the candy I just ate and soda." I took another deep breath and opened my eyes. "Good job, that's what you need to do when the witch is making you see or feel something just follow that simple exercise. Now get dressed and grab your bag." He said hugging me then leaving.

I got dressed in warm clothes and grabbed my bags and ran downstairs. "You ready yet sleepy, we were suppose to leave about half an hour ago."laughed jay taking my bags to the car. "Everyone ready?" Asked Lucas. " we're ready."said mia, max, lily, and jay heading to the car.

I hugged my parents and told them I loved them."remember the exercise I taught you when that witch tries to take over and I love you my sweet pea." Laughed dad hugging me tightly. "I love you my darling." Said my mom hugging me before I went to the car.

That was the last time I saw my parents before the disaster happened.