Chapter 10

Lucas is laying on the bed lazily while just scrolling his instagram. He decided to stay in his room for the whole day cuz he really had no mood to do anything today. Suddenly his room door open, revealing Veronica coming in.

"I should've lock the door just now" he sighed.

"You wouldn't because you want me to come to your room." Veronica chuckled while Lucas just furrowed his eyebrows.

Veronica lay at the side facing Lucas. She observed his beautiful features.

"Damn, god really take his time to make you" She whispered.

Lucas face redden after hearing her statement. He turned facing her and look straight into her eyes. It was pretty, Veronica had a really pretty brown eyes. She also looked very cute in that pyjama dress, it's actually very intimidating but Lucas is good at controlling himself.

"It's very strange that you're at home." Veronica said.

"I just wanna be in my room today." Lucas said as he looked at his screen. Someone is calling him.

"Hi Lucas."
"Who's this?"
"It's me Brandon. Jeez bro, you didn't save my num?"
"It's not necessary. Why you call me?"
"Just wanna wish you a happy birthday Lucas. So when are you apologizing to us?"
"Look, first of all I don't need your birthday wish and second, I will never fuckin say sorry to you guys because it's never my fault. You guys choose to believed her so fuck off!"
"Woah Lucas we really wanted to give you a chance because we want you back in our group but you are so rude. You gave us no choice so be careful out there cuz whenever we saw you, that's your last day on earth."

Lucas end the call then throw his phone aside and rubbed his face stressfully.

"it's your birthday today?" Veronica asked.

"Yea"

"How come you're not excited plus no one in this house is talking about it?" Veronica asked in confusion.

"It's normal. My birthday doesn't matter to them ever since 4 years ago. I don't even like my own birthday." Lucas laughed bitterly.

"No don't say that, everyone matters."

"Yea whatever. Get out from my room." Lucas said.

Veronica look at the time, it's only 5 pm so she has enough time to celebrate Lucas birthday.

"Lucas promise me that you will come to this address by 8 pm." Veronica said as she writes the address in a piece of paper.

"Why?" Lucas furrowed his eyebrows.

"Pls Lucas. Don't ask anything, just come." She said then handing in the paper.

"Bye! See u at 8!" Veronica said as she peck Lucas's cheek.

Time Skip

Veronica smiled proudly at her work. She decided to do something for Lucas because it's kinda sad seeing his family didn't even care to wish him on his day.

It's 8:07pm now and Lucas has arrived at the address that Veronica gave him.  It was a lake. The place is dark and there's only abit of light he can see. The closer he gets, the clearer he can see from where it comes from. It was a tent decorated with LED string lights. He saw a board written "Come in Lucas" so he went inside the tent was shocked to see Veronica in there holding a cake.

"Happy birthday Lucas!" Veronica said smilling cheerfully.

Lucas sat beside Veronica gently and look around. His eyes stopped at a picture pasted, it was his family picture.

"Where did you get this photo?" Lucas asked.

"From your room. I'm sorry I took it without your consent but I wanted it here because I know how much your family meant to you. I wanna make it extra special." Veronica said softly.

"Who said that? I never like them anymore after what they all did to me." Lucas scoffed.

"Okay jeez. Now cut your cake. I hope you like this small celebration I made for you. I know this place from Alice,  she used to say that this place meant alot to her. So go on cut your cake."

"I....can't" Lucas stuttered.

"What you mean you can't?" Veronica asked in confusion.

"I can't cut this cake."

"Why?"

"Because I can't."

"I asked why?!" Veronica raised her voice abit higher.

"Because I don't want to! I don't want to okay! I'm not interested." Lucas said talking loud as well.

"At least cut the cake so that my effort  pays off abit!"

"Did I fuckin ask you that I want my birthday to be celebrate? So it's not my fault that you did all this. Besides I told you that I don't fucking like my birthday so you should be expecting this consequences!" Lucas said as he get up to walk out from the tent.

Veronica quickly get up too and switch off the light from the tent. There's only light from the moon now.

"Wait Lucas!" Veronica called him loudly causing Lucas to stopped his walk.

"I regret doing this for someone who everytime can't appreciate what people does for him. Maybe this is why your family hate you!"

Lucas turn his body back and walk towards Veronica slowly.

"What did you just say?" Lucas asked coldly.

"I said you didn't appreciate what people-" Veronica stopped talking as Lucas choked Veronica suddenly.

"You think you know everything about me? How long have you been here? 2 years 5 years? Bitch you are here for only 3 fucking weeks! What the fuck do you know about me? Yes I don't appreciate my family because all they did was bringing me down. My parents have to let me stay in that house because it's their responsibility. My clothes, I bought it myself and most of the time I eat outside using my own money! Yes I'm working after school because I don't want to use my father's money!"

Veronica looked at Lucas as her tears pouring down. Lucas immediately let go of her and swiped his long brownish hair at the back of his head.

"What about me? I didn't do anything to you then why you're doing this to me?" Veronica asked looking straight into his eyes.

"You are doing something to me and I'm not used to feel like this. Just avoid me, please." Lucas said softly.

"Look at me Lucas. I said look at me!" Veronica grab Lucas's chin so that his eyes on hers. "I'm not going to talk to you after this like I normally do. I'm...going to think that you're not even exists in my life anymore. Even though it's hard for me but this is what you want right?" Veronica said and just walked away leaving Lucas standing there in the dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*I'm actually planning this book to be until chapter 20 but let's see how. Anyway thank you for reading but pls vote so that I will be more motivated to update 😐❤