Chapter 23

"So when are you moving back in?" Veronica asks Lucas who's fixing a red car rn.

"I don't think I will ever sweetheart."

"Don't do this Lucas, your parents need you."

"If they ever need me then they won't treat me like that." Lucas smile weakly.

"It's your decision babe, I'm not stopping you but can I please get some attention here?" Veronica pout.

Lucas chuckle and walk towards his fiance, yes he proposed Veronica last month and they will be getting married in 5 months more. It's been 2 years everything happend, from the day Lucas moved out from his house to now being Veronica's fiance.

"Better now hm?" Lucas asks as he wraps his arm around Veronica's waist. She smiles and nuzzles on Lucas neck.

"Who would ever thought we will be together? Definitely not me." Lucas said.

'I remember seeing your face turned annoyed immediately every time you see me. Now you are so obsessed with me, what happened hmm?"

"It's not that I hate you, it's just that I'm not used to receive love from anyone. You're the first and forever the only girl that gave me so much love Veronica." Lucas said as he pecks his fiance lips.

"Do you think I'm a bad child Veronica?"

"That's what people will think if they don't know the full story but you know what Lucas? Fuck those people cuz we don't live for them. They will never understand toxic parents."

"Toxic father. My mom is the sweetest. Her only mistake was marrying dad besides she tried her best to speak up for me but she couldn't argue with dad." Lucas said as he stares at the lake.

Veronica notices that quickly change the topic. "Hey I just remenber something."

Lucas looks at Veronica with puzzle face.

"Orange." Veronica smiled.

"Huh?"

"I bought something for you in orange."

" What are you talking about Veronica?"

"You will love it but I can only show it to you in private place. "

"I still don't understand. Why does girls like to make everything confusing?"

"Excuse me? Okay fine I won't show it to you then. I thought we could have fun but nevermind." said Veronica marching in the house.

Lucas smirked, finally getting the hint.  "Hey love wait for me!" Lucas, running into the house.

"Nope you're not getting anything from me today! Lucas stop I'm mad at you!"

"I'm sorry I was dumb! I thought...."

*Author Pov*
and there goes the disappearance sound of two lovebirds quarrelling after the house door is shut.

The story of Lucas and Veronica is the perfect example of when we are at the lowest point in our life we will able to find something comforting at the same time.

Before meeting Veronica, Lucas was a gloomy cold hearted guy. In fact he was that miserable until he don't even know when was the last time he laugh.

After Veronica existence in his life, he finally knew what was happiness really feels like. She showed him the path to get out from the dark tunnel. She was the light.

Just like in our life. As a human we do have our own problems that might led us to depression but hey look around us and notice all beauty around us. Explore stuff we have never try before or do something that makes us happy such as travelling, music, sports, reading, making crafts and many more.

Or find someone that you feel comfortable to share your problems with.

For now, that's the end of Lucas and Veronica journey.