Scene ten

(Church)
March 1, 2015
Jason: good morning!
crowd: good morning!
Jason: we have a little bit of a suprise for u this Sunday.I'd like to ask a good friend of mine, Joyce smith and her family, to join me up here.
(everyone cheering)
Women: we love u John!
Jason: in all my years in ministry, I mean I've never even seen anything or heard of anything like this. So, John, what do u remember?
John: this thing on? Um... well I do remember waking up. And the first thing I saw....(voice breaking) was my mom, holding my hand. And letting me know that everything was gonna be okay. When I was a baby, and no one wanted me, my parents wanted me. And when no one thought that I could make it back, my mom knew that I could. Mom... I love you.
Joyce: I love you
John: dad... I love you too.
Brian: I love you John.
John: and for those of you who ask why me... I don't know. But a great teacher once told me, "yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose." Lastly, I just wanna thank the lord.
(Everyone applauds)
Jason: I thought it might be a good idea for John to meet some of the people responsible for saving his life. If your part of the Wentzville fire department, would u please stand?
(They stand)
Jason: if ur an emergency dispatch officer or an EMT member, could you please stand as well?
(they stand)
Jason: now if ur a member of the lake Saint Louis police department, could u please stand
(They stand)
Jason: if you're part of the st.Joseph medical team, could you stand?
(They stand)
Jason: and if ur part of the Cardinal Glennon medical team, could u stand?
Jason: thank you so much for ur tireless service. For ur sacrifice. If u could remain standing, I'd like to ask anyone who prayed for John at school to stand.
(They stand)
Jason: I'd like anyone who prayed for him at home to stand
(They stand)
Jason: I'd like anyone who prayed for him in this very church to stand.
(Everyone is now standing)
Jason: thank you. You can please be seated.
(John starts crying)
Joyce: I think it's been said that love... is the most powerful force on this earth. And my husband and I, we believe that... without love we cannot flourish, we cannot grow.we cannot find our place in this world.(grabs John's hand) and the power of love and gods love especially, is truly the one and only thing that makes all things possible. Thank you for loving John, and thank you for loving us. Thank you so much. Thank you.

(the game)
John looks at Jenny and smiles in which she smiles back and he puts his fist up