Chapter 4: A Glimpse of the Past

July 3, 2017
Hanamichi High Rooftop
3rd Person POV

From all the people I would want to come up here, she's at the bottom of the list. What the hell would she wanna do here?

"Do you still blame yourself for that Mizukishi-kun? I told you it's no–"

"I just remembered I had plans this lunch with someone, have fun" Kotaro fakes a smile and looks at his phone in attempt for an excuse to ditch. "Wait, Mizukishi-kun!" Chisa tried to grab his hand but he was quick enough for her to miss

That was her last resort at pursuit, she decided to let him go as she was not the forceful type. "Kotaro... Please forgive me...!" She sits down the rooftop bench as warm tears run down her face, dripping on her uniform skirt.

Kotaro's POV
Boy's Bathroom

I'm really such a terrible person aren't I? Making someone cry just by running into each other by chance. I have things I regret, and I'll bring it all to my grave.

*Flashback*
Hazawa Cafe
December 2016

"Hey Kotaro, that browned hair girl waiter seemed really cute." I gaze at her serene cerulean eyes, stunned at the view, she snapped me back to reality. "Am I really that cute? Geez stop staring like that, people might get the wrong idea." She giggles, a sound enough to keep me going at life, despite all my worries and uncertainties.

"Uhm, Chisa-san! I want to tell you something." She was really taken aback from my statement, as she tilts her head and puts her hand together. "Oh my, what's this? A confession? I never thought you felt that way towards me. I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend, I'm afraid I'll have to turn you down." She said sarcastically, which startled me really bad.

I was basically in shock and paralyzed in front of her, I felt all sorts of emotion the most dominant was a perturbing pain. "W-wait, don't tell me you actually are...!" She abruptly asked.

"You took the words out of my mouth... I just don't know what to say anymore." I answered with a quavering voice.

A/N: I'll have to end that there, this chapter is really short, I think I'll discontinue this fanfic, it doesn't seem to appeal readers and I'm new to this fanfic thing... If you somehow are wondering why I used so much dramatic elements, I just thought wanted to write something different from the other fanfics which are like harem and romcoms, though I understand. Well probably the last wattpad book I'm going to write but it's fine. I do apologise for the time you put into reading my fanfic and thank you.