CHRISTMAS

A/N as promised... MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hero POV

12/24/2019

I'm starting to hate Christmas, since all the people are going back home, there's a lot of traffic so Jo is still not here, even though she landed hours ago.

I haven't seen her in over a month and I missed her like crazy. My flat feels extremely lonely and this time I don't have Diesel to keep me company. He was my best friend and this year I can't spend the holidays laying on the couch with him on my feet, scratching behind his ear.

Jo decided to come to London this Christmas, 'cause she didn't want me to spend it away from my family, and her parents usually are at work since they're both doctors.

I'm brought back from my thoughts when I hear the doorbell ring. I tush to open the door, just to be greeted with a drenched Josephine.

Before I can ask her about her soaked state she launches at me and I catch her with my arms around her waist.

She's strangling me with her hug, but I don't care, I force myself to detach from her when I feel I cold she his. I take her face in my hands, trying to warm her freezing cheeks "Hi, love" I whisper.

"Hi" she whispers back, I can hear a tremor in her voice, probably from the cold. I take her luggage from the hallway and close the door.

I see Jo trying to unzip her coat, but she doesn't seem able to stop shivering long enough to. I walk over to her and deal with the zip for her, while she looks at me.

"Thank you" she says after I freed her. I kiss her red nose and bring her bag to my bedroom, with Jo on my tail.

I turn to her "Okay love, I'll make you a tea. You should take a shower while it warms" I hug her again because I missed her in my arms.

She places a kiss on my neck, where she's running her cold nose "Thank you, it's raining and freezing out there. You weren't kidding about London's winters" she says chuckling a bit.

I smile, dragging her to the bathroom, before letting her out of my embrace "Go warm up, I'll wait in the kitchen with your tea" I turn her towards the shower and smack her bum.

She squeals while I walk down the hallway. Entering the kitchen I hear "I would be mad, but my ass is so cold I didn't even feel it" which makes me laugh.

I put the pot on the stove and look in the oven too see how dinner is coming along. I can hear the shower going and the faint sound of Jo's voice singing.

While the water boils I go outside the bathroom to hear Jo's singing. She has such a beautiful voice, and I love how she'll brake into song in random moments.

The water turns off and I go back to the kitchen... so that I don't look like a creep.

I'm about to call Josephine for her tea, when she walks in the kitchen in yoga pants, one of my hoodies that she kept in LA with her and a towel around her head.

How can she be this beautiful after hours on a plane and then in traffic?

"How are you feeling? Warmer?" I ask going to hug her. She smells like my shampoo, I like it but I prefer her sweet coconut smell.

She nuzzles in my chest, lightly nodding. "come on, love. You're tea is ready" I say, pecking her head one more time, before giving her the cup.

"Thank you" she smiles over the rim of the mug and takes a sip. I motion with my head toward the living room.

She follows me and when I sit on the couch she lays with her back against the armrest and her legs across my lap. I take the blanket I took out earlier and cover us both.

The following hour was spent talking about what we missed the last month, while I lazily caressed her legs. I was about to lean over to kiss her when the oven went off.

We move to the kitchen, Jo prepared the table and I dished the food, I take out a bottle of wine I bought for this occasion, I chose Jo's favorite.

Once I put down the plate in front of her she smiles and thanks me whit a peck on the mouth. Dinner was filled with casual talk and laughter.

After we ate dessert Jo clears her throat "Since tomorrow we'll be at your parents house..." she starts. I know she's nervous about meeting my parents but I know they'll love her.

"... I thought we could exchange gift tonight" she finishes with a shy smile. The blush on her cheeks makes me curious.

"Sure. Whatever I prefer, love" I say standing up, before giving her a kiss on the forehead and moving to the Christmas tree, under which we our presents to eacheother.

Jo follows me and we sit on the couch with the presents between us. "okay, you start" I tell her thrilled to see her reaction to my gift.

A beautiful look of excitement covers her face while she unwraps the small box. When she sees the blue box her eyes widen.

"you shouldn't have" she says even before seeing what's in the box. I know she doesn't like me spending money on expensive things for her, but it's our first Christmas as a couple and I want it to be perfect.

When she finally sees what's inside I see her eyes fill with tears, before she can say anything I talk "I'm not going to give you some lame speech about how it's the key to my heart. To be honest I saw you looking at the it when we passed the store, that time in Atlanta".

She takes out the simple Tiffany&Co key shaped pendant and looks at me "This is madness. You're crazy" she giggles, and jumps on me to thank me, kissing me all over my face. I put it on her and she touches it with a cute smile on her face.

"Okay, now mine" she says happily. I take the smallest of the two packets in front of me and open it. Inside there's a small jewelry box, when I open it I see a gold ring with the classical theater masks.

My smile widens when I notice it's for my pinkie, she knows me so well. "thank you love is beautiful" I lean over and kiss her with all I have. "Now the other" she says, once we settle back.

"Jo, you shouldn't have bought two" I sigh, taking the other larger box. When I open it I see some sheer red fabric. I frown in confusion and take it out, just to see a sheer woman's kimono.

I keep in a laugh "I'm not sure it's my size". She giggles and crawls to me, straddling my legs. She places light kisses to my neck, up to my ear.

She nibbles on my lobe and whispers "The rest of your gift is under the clothes I'm wearing", when she leans back I see a cute blush cover her cheeks.

"have I ever told you I love you?" I tell her, before kissing her.

Now its really over. I want to thank you for sticking with me for so long. I'll start with the SEQUEL around the end of January, I'm open to suggestions about possible oneshots.

Merry Christmas and stay safe!!!