Chapter 4

The cafeteria seemed a lot more crowded than usual. (Y/N) and Luna - one of her first friends at West Valley found a small table by the corner. She dyed her hair in fun colours, Ombre style every couple of years and liked to wear jumpsuits for convenience. Her style was very different, compared to (Y/N)'s but she was one of the few people who could pull off a Betsey Johnson's with crocs.

Luckily at the cafeteria, no one seemed to want to sit in a corner, cooped up, given the obsession with being "seen" at school. All the more perfect for (Y/N).

"So how's your quest going?" Luna questioned, skeptically.

"Got nothing yet. Just need to give it ti--" she responded, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"You've been on this case for a really long time, (Y/N). Don't you think it's time to let it go?" she interrupted, noticing (Y/N) simply shook her head. "Whatever it is you're trying to do... You're doing it alone. You could be seriously hurt"

Luna sighed as (Y/N) placed a hand on top of hers, reassuringly. If anything, Luna was one of the few people who had actually looked out for her. Her well-rounded and balanced personality comes from her love for yoga, which taught her to be empathetic and have a friend's back over a period of time. She loved learning about culture and art - often the type of friend to go on a vacation at least once a year - When she could afford it.

"I know what I'm doing, Luna" (Y/N) shot, quickly finishing off her sandwiches.

"How come Xander doesn't know?" Luna asked, stroking her chin. "You trust him more than anything in the world"

It was starting to get too much for (Y/N). Luna knew most of what was happening in her life but didn't know the finer details. She didn't have a clue - How it started, why it was happening in the first place...

"He's not clingy. He respects my need for space. He's there fore me when I need him. It's perfect the way it is..." she responded.

"I think you're only with him because you're comfortable and settling. That's boring"

Given everything that was going on in (Y/N)'s supposedly chaotic life, she could handle that. The last thing she wanted was more drama on her plate. After a short conversation with Luna, the duo headed to the school's computer room to bond over surfing the internet. (Y/N) used the school computer for her own personal use, switching to Incognito so she wouldn't get caught. Putting her friend under the impression that she was on Youtube, (Y/N) conducted various Google Map searches of her own to find clues about Terry Silver. The owner of the dojo she'd visited last night.

"So are we hanging out? I was wondering if you wanted to take yoga with me, then we can just get snacks, head over to yours" Luna offered, directing (Y/N) as they were walking home from school.

In agreement, (Y/N) nodded, walking over to the strip mall in Reseda. Luna checked her watch, until her scheduled yoga session started. The doors had just opened and a man dressed in a black gi and headband headed out to the convenient store. He had scruffy blonde hair with sweat glistening on his forehead, eventually dripping past his temples. One could tell he trained very hard.

Luna gasped as he walked past her, checking him out from head to toe. She made it so obvious, it was embarrassing.

"Luna!" (Y/N) whispered, giggling. "Are you serious? Him?"

She gently nudged her arm, dragging her inside. Part of her would often think she only took yoga because of who would walk about of the building.

"Is this why you took yoga?" (Y/N) asked, crossing her arms.

"What? He's hot?" she whispered, clearly embarrassed.

Luna dragged her inside, setting her mat on the floor and started immediately in her downward dog position. (Y/N) skeptically raised an eyebrow whilst crossing her arms. There was no way she was going to do that. But for the sake of her friend, she mimicked the position and waited until it was time to begin their flow.

After yoga, the duo headed out to the convenience store to grab snacks. As much as (Y/N) disliked yoga, she had fun when Luna was there with her. When the two made it to the register, Luna glanced behind her, nudging her friend in the stomach.

"What was that for?" (Y/N) winced, rubbing her stomach.

"Don't look now... But I think that boy's got his eye on you" she whispered.

As expected, (Y/N) did the opposite. She glanced back to notice her neighbour, Miguel. His gaze was so intense, it made her shudder and incur goosebumps on her arms. She quickly hid them and turned back to the cashier. (Y/N) already believed Miguel was far too intrusive upon his encounter with her when she first moved in.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Miguel called out.

Luna dashed, giving the two some time alone.

"I want to know why you quit on karate" Miguel bitterly spoke.

"None of your bus--"

"Business. I know" Miguel interrupted. "Actually, it is."

He walked closer to her outside the convenience store after she had just paid for snacks. (Y/N) frowned and continued to walk away from him. This was where things were starting to get a bit much for her.

"I saw you at the All Valley with Xander" he admitted. "I didn't know what you guys were talking about... But I could tell it was a heated argument. If he was the reason you quit--"

"Couples fight, Miguel. It's normal" (Y/N) spat. "You would know if you had a girlfriend"

Tying a knot on her bag, she left the convenient store abruptly, wrapping an arm around Luna's shoulder to head back to her apartment.