iii, BIT OF A MISUNDERSTANDING

º³ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄' Bit of a Misunderstanding 'January, 1962

º³ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
' Bit of a Misunderstanding '
January, 1962

   "So, have you ever met him before?" Thomas asked, toying around with a pen of his

   "I think I was at an interview with him a couple years back," Lauren had gotten the usual amount of sleep (which wasn't much) and was feeling specially tired, though the coffee she had made for her and her boss had helped the situation.

   It was a cloudy day, the kind of lazy day where no one felt blessed with any amount of energy, in fact, most people had been late to get to the Chess Federation offices building, including apparently, the one that they were supposed to be meeting twenty minutes ago.

She wasn't expecting much punctuality, but by then, she didn't think she'd make it to dinner on time.

   "You ever talk to him?"

   "For a couple of minutes maybe, I don't remember very well, I doubt even more that he does," Lauren dismissed the topic, struggling a little to remember wether she had actually talked to Benny Watts.

   She could only remember very vague details about that particular conversation; he asked a lot of questions, her camera was particularly dirty that day, something about the reporter's (whose name she didn't remember precisely) pen and cowboys. It didn't matter anyway, at least she thought so.

   "Have you met him?" She asked curiously. Lauren tried to draw on her knowledge of the Chess Review magazine and could pin point at least two times he interviewed him, though interviews weren't usually the greatest place to meet someone, it was as much of an interactive conversation as it was a journalist trying to move the answers the person they were interviewing gave them towards the most interesting directions.

"Interviewed him a couple of times," Bingo, she thought. "Talked to him once, charming young man, I think it was at some fundraiser they organized a year or so ago,"

"Did you like meeting him?" Thomas rubbed the tip of his nose.

   "He was very interesting," He hadn't really answered the question, a nasty habit that had prevailed a good part of his life.