ii, JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR

º² 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎' Just So We're Clear 'January, 1962

º² 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
' Just So We're Clear '
January, 1962

º² 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎' Just So We're Clear 'January, 1962

"Wake up." Lauren shook Mary's head. It was only six in the morning and yet, ironically enough, it was already late. Mary didn't wake up.

Her full name was Mary Francis, and though college as a concept hadn't stuck to Lauren Reynolds, the dorm-mate she had been assigned had. They got along wonderfully and that led to them still living together, even four years after Lauren had dropped out.

It was a modest enough apartment, what two twenty something year olds could afford while living in New York. Two rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room with two windows that looked out over the city from a third floor.

And since Mary, after obtaining a bachelors degree in history from the University of Columbia decided to go for the whole package and shoot for a master's degree, Lauren was tasked with waking her up early, getting her ready for the day and making breakfast. In exchange, the Francis girl made dinner and made sure the often oblivious roommate ate it.

"Get up, you wouldn't want to be late," Lauren argued. Mary turned her head around to the other side of her bed. "Come on, breakfast is ready and I'll finish all the coffee if you aren't quick enough,"

   Mary grunted.

   "I know you're awake, now up," Lauren shook her enough so that she could no longer pretend she would go back to sleep soon enough.

   "How are you up this early?" She managed to blurt out. Lauren was now sitting at the edge of the bed, grinning at her friend, who rubbed her eye tiredly. "I know how late you go to sleep, so it's a miracle to find you here with that much energy,"

"It's the magic of being me." Lauren helped drag her friend out of bed with a smile as she served her the food she had prepared. Pancakes with a side of bacon. Mary brought out the cutlery, brought out that day's newspaper to put it on the seat where Lauren usually sat and they sat on opposite sides of the table.