vi, A LESSON ON INTERRUPTING

º⁶ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
' A Lesson On Interrupting '
January, 1962

   "Since when do you like reality shows anyway?" Lauren asked, grabbing a piece of the pizza that Mary had ordered and sitting down  ext to her on their living room couch

"Since when do you like reality shows anyway?" Lauren asked, grabbing a piece of the pizza that Mary had ordered and sitting down ext to her on their living room couch.

The television in front of them was playing 'The Beverly Hillbillies' and Mary sat with unusually bad posture, though she was still bothered by the fact that her roommate refused to use a plate, who justified her actions by saying that it would be a waste of water to wash it when she could just eat it with her hands. Mary handed her the pizza box.

"You won't have to wash it, but I will have to wash the couch if you stain it," Mary argued, taking a bite out of her pizza, which was neatly placed on a plate whenever she wasn't eating it and decided to focus on the television screen.

"I can wash stuff," Lauren complained, trying to understand what was going on in the TV show, Mary scoffed.

"I caught you once about to use bleach as dish soap. When it comes to cleaning, you're like a toddler I have to keep away from the stove,"

"Liar." Lauren took another bite from the pizza. "So, I take it that school's going well,"

"Yep, hanging out in my pijamas instead of doing anything productive was totally the way to go," Mary said. Flu season had begun in December, but only now had there been a wave of sickness serious enough at her school to provoke them to suspend classes for the week. A couple of professors had still urged them to get ahead on their project, a suggestion that Mary had decided to ignore bluntly.

"I can't believe you didn't start working away immediately," She responded in disbelief. "I'd be so stressed,"

"Well, not all of us are half anxiety half stress all caused by workaholic tendencies,"

"Calm down, Freud, you took one psych class last semester and it gives you no right to say the same thing the professional psychologist  said," Lauren countered. "Besides, in that time, I have totally changed. I am a zen human being now, I drink tea, I'm one with the universe and all that,"

In that second, the phone rang, and Lauren launched herself to try and get it, worried it would be a work thing. Mary, who was closest, got to it first and let out a chuckle.

"Sure thing, sweetie. Whatever lets you sleep at night." She picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Yes, hi," The voice on the other end greeted, There was a second of silence. "I'm sorry, who is this?"