act 1

When Yoohyeon comes back to her apartment, she doesn't bother being mindful of her roommate. She slams the door behind her, loudly banging the cabinets and sighing noisily. She honestly couldn't give a fuck about that right now. She didn't give a fuck about anything. This was all meaningless anyway, so Yoohyeon didn't know why she was letting herself sink to the floor of the kitchen, tears pricking in her eyes. As much as it hurt to hold her breath, her lungs felt too weak to take in air. In fact, every part of her felt irreparably exhausted. She hadn't gotten a good nights sleep in who knows how long. She didn't care. Sleep wasn't important, nothing was important anymore.

But Yoohyeon still felt her throat tightening as fat droplets of tears poured down her warm cheeks, sliding across her face to land on the floor, which was the only sound Yoohyeon made.

Maybe she could pretend she didn't exist. Like none of this pain had ever existed. Yoohyeon could get a plane ticket to somewhere, anywhere, and never look back. She wanted to, but like any college student she was flat broke. There was also too many fucking feelings, and as much as she wanted to run from them, she couldn't. She was too weak.

"Hey," Yoohyeon's roommate came out of her room. Her expression was annoyed, but that look quickly melted away when she saw Yoohyeon's state. "What are you? Oh..."

Yoohyeon rolled her eyes and wiped the snot from her nose with the sleeve of her sweater. "What."

"You're...crying,"

"Yeah, no shit," Yoohyeon blinked at her, trying to shoot her annoyed look back which probably made her look more pitiful. "You're really fucking observant,"

"Calm down, Yooh, I wasn't making fun of you," Her roommate rolled her eyes. "Who did this?"

"No one," Yoohyeon answered slowly, not making eye contact. "I'm fine,"

"Really?" The girl raised an eyebrow. "I'm not convinced,"

"I don't fucking care if you're convinced," Yoohyeon muttered, standing up and pushing past her, heading towards her room. "I'm going out tonight, you can come if you want,"

"You know me, I'll come,"

Yoohyeon smirked almost bitterly. "I hope you're prepared to get black out drunk, Siyeon, cause I don't want to remember tonight,"

➪5 missed messages
➪2 missed calls

𝘫𝘪𝘶𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦: call me back

𝘫𝘪𝘶𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦: Yoohyeon don't you dare ignore me

𝘫𝘪𝘶𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦: please

𝘫𝘪𝘶𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦: we need to talk

𝘫𝘪𝘶𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦: don't run away

Yoohyeon slammed her bedroom door, eyes refilling with tears. Her breathing was labored, and she fell defeatedly down onto her bed.

The pain in Yoohyeon's chest seemed to grow impossibly stronger, deeper, like a knife was being twisted into her chest. There was no way she could possibly handle this, not without a copious amount of alcohol.

𝘪𝘭𝘺𝘰𝘰𝘩: leave me alone

Yoohyeon put her phone down, sighing deeply. Everything hurt, from her head to her heart to her body. She couldn't even let herself think about it. She was too close to breaking. But she wouldn't. Not over a girl. Certainly not a girl as stupid as Minji.

But her brain wasn't wired to do that. Minji, Minji, Minji, Minji, Minji. All the time. Her thoughts were consumed with the older girl, her mind was filled with her. Yoohyeon was sick of it. She was sick of this girlish, one sided, now requited love.