act 2

Yoohyeon had been a bit of a nerd. Not in the cool, unapproachable way, but in a geeky, schoolgirl awkward type of way. She loved school. Biology, Chemistry, Math, anything really. She'd dress up in a cute sweater, her round glasses, a simple ponytail and spend her day in the library, studying or even just readying for the fun of it. There were few places she liked more than a library. She felt at home.

Minji could be categorized as a nerd too, but she was different. She had a mysterious air about her, one that made Yoohyeon curious. She was smart, no doubt. Yoohyeon knew she was top of the class, and had been amazed when she took a glance at Minji's notes. They were perfect, just like her.

Yoohyeon thought she was being stealthy with the way she studied Minji. She was not. Minji had already noticed her, Yoohyeon's cute little smile, the way she peered over glasses, the little squeal of excitement she made when she was happy, it softened her heart.

The first time Minji had ever seen her in a public setting was some dumb frat party. Minji didn't know why she agreed to go, but when she saw Yoohyeon, she knew it'd be worth it.

She didn't even have to approach Yoohyeon because not even 15 minutes after arriving, Yoohyeon made her drunken way towards Minji, a loose smile on her face.

"Hmm," Yoohyeon giggled, stopping in front of Minji. "You're pretty,"

Minji grinned. "You're drunk,"

"Not very," Yoohyeon nodded. "Drink got laced,"

Minji dropped her smile. "What?"

Yoohyeon's eyes were unfocused. "It tasted weird, I don't think I'd get this drunk from two cups of punch,"

Minji quickly grabbed Yoohyeon's hand, pulling her closer as if to protect he from the crowd. "Yeah, you definitely got a laced drink. Let's take you home,"

Yoohyeon gasped. "I don't even know your name!"

Minji raised an eyebrow. "That's not what I meant. And you do know my name,"

Yoohyeon paused for a moment, then leaned closer. "Pretty Minji," She whispered.

Minji laughed. "Pretty Yoohyeon," She replied.

Yoohyeon's eyes widened and she blushed. "What? No," She waved Minji off.

"Come on, let me help you find your apartment," Minji wrapped her arms over Yoohyeon's shoulders and guided her towards the door.

"Hey, where are you girls going? The party's just getting started," A boy tapped Minji's shoulder.

"Something was put in her drink," Minji said bluntly, looking him up and down. "Doesn't sound very fun to me,"

"Oh..." The boy scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry,"

"Yeah, maybe ask around and see who was with her, there shouldn't be boys spiking girls drinks. She didn't know better than to check, just like a lot of girls," Minji hugged her closer. "We're gonna go now,"

"Unnie," Yoohyeon groaned cutely. "Can we go home?"

"We, cannot go home. I'll take you back to your apartment though,"

Yoohyeon nodded eventually. "Okay, thank you,"

Minji shook her head. "Don't worry about it, it's just human decency,"

"You are a very decent human," Yoohyeon agreed solemnly.

Minji giggled. "I'm glad you think so,"

Yoohyeon, with enough coaxing from Minji, finally told the older girl where she lived. Minji took her back to Yoohyeon's apartment, breathing a sigh of relief when she knew Yoohyeon was safe. She felt like a weight was lifted from her chest, knowing that she had gotten Yoohyeon out of harms way. The warm hug Yoohyeon gave her helped too.