act 3

Despite kissed many people, many times, namely the past 12 hours, Minji felt like a kid again when she kissed Yoohyeon. She had no idea what the fuck she was doing, and that probably showed. She had done it without thinking, simply following the desire to take what she wanted, which was currently Yoohyeon.

Minji wrapped her hand around Yoohyeon's neck, pulling her closer as they kissed. There was nothing dirty about the kiss, or the way Minji pressed her body against Yoohyeon's. It took a moment, but eventually Yoohyeon kissed her back, hands ruffling her hair and gasping slightly. Maybe the lack of contact before had made Minji greedy, because suddenly she needed to feel Yoohyeon against her, more than she thought she'd ever need anything in her life.

Yoohyeon still couldn't believe it. Either she had actually drunken enough to imagine this, or Minji was actually kissing her. She was frozen, she didn't know what to do. She didn't even feel upset, things were moving too fast.

"Holy shit, that was wrong of me," Minji whispered as she pulled away. "I'm sorry, please forgive me," Minji tried to walk away, but Yoohyeon's hand held onto her wrist. Minji looked up in confusion, trying to understand the unreadable look in Yoohyeon's eyes.

Just as suddenly as she had done so, Yoohyeon pulled her back and kissed her, this time pushing her against the wall and cupping Minji's cheeks in her hands. Minji let out a surprised whine, hands landing on Yoohyeon's shoulders as the younger girl hungrily attacked her lips.

Yoohyeon's hands pushed their hips together, making Minji gasp and lean in for more. It was like an addiction, one touch and Minji's mind was filled with her.

"Fuck," Yoohyeon muttered. "Minji..."

"Don't say anything," Minji whispered back. "Kiss me again,"

"Holy shit!"

Both girls looked over to see Bora standing outside the door, eyes wide in surprise. Yoohyeon sheepishly kept her grip on Minji's waist, blushing when Bora stepped closer.

"So you guys are like...a thing again?"

"A thing?" Minji sputtered. "We weren't-"

"But you are now?" Bora pressed. "Don't lie, I saw you making out,"

Yoohyeon nervously looked from Minji to Bora, waiting for Minji's response instead of herself.

"It's...complicated," Minji muttered, pulling away from Yoohyeon. "If you don't mind..."

"No, yeah, I'll go," Bora agreed with a smirk. "Have fun," She winked at Yoohyeon.

Minji sighed when she was gone. "This isn't the way I intended for things to go,"

"How did you intend for them to go?" Yoohyeon said curiously, stepping back.

"I didn't want you to hate me for what I did," Minji said quietly. "I couldn't live with myself. You're the only person whose opinion I care about. I hurt you, it was selfish of me," Minji grabbed Yoohyeon's hand, smiling when Yoohyeon rubbed it comfortingly.

"I knew how you felt about me long before you told me. Maybe even before you knew. I have to admit...I liked being liked. I liked feeling your love. But now I'm worried..."

"What?" Yoohyeon asked softly.

"I'm worried I love you back," Minji said, eyes filling with tears. "I feel like a monster for hurting you, but I just can't. I can't love,"

Yoohyeon pulled her into a hug as Minji started crying, body shaking as sobs racked her body. She had never felt more pathetic than that moment, with Yoohyeon shushing her sobs as they grew louder.

"Minji...I know it hurts," Yoohyeon began. "I know that someone hurt you before, a long time ago,"

Minji nodded, sniffling.

"But you can love. I know you can." Yoohyeon promised, smiling when Minji's mouth opened in panic. "You know that I'd never hurt you. Not in a million years,"

Yoohyeon grasped her chin when Minji looked past her. She wanted Minji to understand, to really hear her. She had never meant something more in her life. If she knew anything, it was that She and Minji were meant to be together. It had to be fate.

"Please, please don't run away from me. I've been in love with you since I met you. There's no one I'd rather be with,"

Minji squeezed her eyes shut. "Yoohyeon...you know I want to,"

She could hear Yoohyeon's sigh of relief, then worried pause. "But?"

"But I'm not strong enough, not to be what you want," Minji said sadly.

"Can't you see?" Yoohyeon desperately said. "All I want is you. Just as you are,"

"Please Yoohyeon, let things go back to the way they were," Minji pleaded. "I can't. I just can't,"

Yoohyeon's gaze hardened. "Fine,"

Minji's brow furrowed as she watched Yoohyeon pull away. "Yooh, I'm sorry,"

The younger girls voice cracked. "You won't even try for me?"

Minji looked down in shame. "It's too hard,"

Yoohyeon nodded. "If that's what you want. But things can't go back to the way they were,"

"Why not?"

"Because they just can't," Yoohyeon sighed. "I can't do this anymore, loving you and getting nothing in return. I know it's not your intention, but it is selfish. I need love back, real love,"

Yoohyeon made her way back into the club, turning back and shooting Minji a sad smile. "I'm sorry too, Minji,"