finale

After all this time of knowing Minji, she has never told Yoohyeon about the nightmares. How she wakes up crying in the middle of the night, sweaty and distressed and confused. It didn't happen every night, but it happened enough for Yoohyeon to begin to expect it. She'd rock Minji to sleep again, and said nothing in the morning. She couldn't sleep after though, too worried she wouldn't be able to comfort Minji when she felt alone.

They took turns sleeping at each other's apartments, much to the displeasure of Bora and Siyeon. Yoohyeon had found out about Siyeon's huge crush on Bora, and basically used it as blackmail material to stop her from complaining. Plus, one of these nights she was gonna convince the two of them to stay with each other, maybe then they could full on just switch roommates.

Yoohyeon was curled up in Minji's bed, the light from the windows casting a shadow upon them. It was past midnight, and really Yoohyeon should be sleeping, but instead she was watching Minji. She hadn't woken her up yet, but Yoohyeon could tell it was a stressful dream. Minji kept turning over, eyes moving wildly beneath her eyelids. She even let out a whimper or two, making Yoohyeon flinch at the pitiful sound. Maybe it wouldn't be to bad this night, Yoohyeon wrapped her arms around Minji and closed her eyes, trying to let herself fall asleep.

Yoohyeon's eyes flew open when she felt Minji shaking beside her, still wrapped up in her dream and thrashing about wildly.

"Hey, hey," Yoohyeon grabbed her arms. "It's okay, you're safe, you're here with me,"

Minji sat up, gasping for breath and clutching at her throat as if she couldn't breath. She tensed when Yoohyeon wrapped her arms around the brunette, looking at her in worry.

"Yoohyeon..." She whispered softly.

"It's me, don't worry baby," Yoohyeon agreed.

"No," Minji's voice broke. "No, you need to leave,"

Yoohyeon's eyes widened. "What?.."

"Can't love you," Minji cried, looking down in shame. "Run, run away from me,"

Yoohyeon sighed, cupping Minji's face in her hands. "Never. I'm never leaving you,"

Minji pulled away, bringing the covers over her face and turning her back. Yoohyeon wanted to laugh at her cuteness, but it was clear Minji was distressed.

Despite Minji's words, leaving was the farthest thing from Yoohyeon's mind. But she did want to respect Minji's words by not touching her. She watched in worried silence as Minji's body kept shaking, most likely crying when she thought Yoohyeon couldn't see.

The door creaked open, and Yoohyeon looked up to see Bora standing in the doorway, a nervous expression on her face.

"Is she okay?" She mouthed to Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon shrugged, looking back at Minji.

"She says she wants me to leave," Yoohyeon whispered.

"Don't," Bora said immediately. "Trust me, don't,"

"I know," Said Yoohyeon. "It's just...what do I do?"

"You wait till she is ready," Bora said, a small smile on her face. "If you need help, with anything at all, I'll be next door,"

"Thanks Bora,"

"No problem,"

Yoohyeon looked back down at Minji when Bora was gone, trying to decide whether or not to try and cuddle with her. It hurt her to see Minji like this, so upset and not even sharing her troubles with Yoohyeon.

"Baby," Yoohyeon said quietly, pulling the covers from Minji's face. "Please talk to me, tell me what's going on,"

Minji's face was buried in the pillow, and she cowered away from Yoohyeon, making the gray haired girl frown.