27

Roses are redComplete combustion reactions are blueFire can travel fastAnd you can't hit undo

Roses are red
Complete combustion reactions are blue
Fire can travel fast
And you can't hit undo

When Atlas took out his phone to snap a picture, he wasn't expecting things to escalate this fast—but at least it did the job. With the speed of light, he jumped back as the drunk business women combusted.

One little spark from the pink lighter sent her suit up into flames, like the cheap banana flambé the Diner served on Sunday's.

That just happened to be one of Atlas's favourite desserts. It was invented in the '50s, and it included thick ripe bananas sliced down in half vertically; Covered with delicious, decadent dark brown sugar and butter sauce served with pecans, cinnamon, and a tiny bit of salt; Soaked in thick amounts of alcohol and ignited with a match for a small but brilliant show of blue and orange flames; Then finally served with cold creamy vanilla bean ice cream.

It was like that, except there was no ice cream, butter, or cinnamon. It was just Ashly—more bitter than sweet—being lit for a small show.

A small, horrible show.

The flames trailed quickly up the blue fabric of her soaked suit. Ashly at first didn't react as the flames burned through the residual alcohol. However, once burned off, she felt the heat and screamed, "Fire!"

She turned just fast enough to see Atlas duck behind the table. His heart hammered against his chest as the dim room got brighter. He wasn't expecting the cigarette lighter to work, but here she was, melting in front of him.

"Dani!" She screamed like her life depended on it—her life truly did. "Help me!" She padded her arms but freaked out more as the stray alcohol in her hair caught fire, "Do something!"

Dani stood still. Her green eyes were wide as she covered her face and watched helplessly on the sidelines, "Stop, drop and roll!" She panicked.

Ashley nodded, then did what they taught everyone to do in middle school: Stop. Drop. And roll.

....It was at this moment when it flipped from a small horrible crappy flambé show, into a giant gory mess of screams and flames. As she dropped, the alcohol from the bottles that were smashed onto the ground caught fire, setting the entire room in flames.

Smoldering, thick hungry flames roared as flashes of blue, orange and yellow emitted the smell of alcohol everywhere.

Atlas's throat squeaked as the rampaging fiery flames travelled a trail of alcohol towards him. He ducked low as he watched Dani do the same from across the room. She landed on her knees on the ground near the countertop as the thick orange flames started to melt away at the fireproof door to the Diner. This inevitably blocked the main exit. The only other way out was the way he came in — the maintenance door.

Heavy smoke entered his lungs as the alcohol burned off. The fire numbed his ears as it began eating away at the wooden floors in the room. He felt his vision blur as Ashly's horrible voice pounded, "Dani!" She screamed in agony, but the noises soon stopped as her body melted away into the flames.