23

For him, roses are red,and violets are the perfect shade of blue

and violets are the perfect shade of blue.
For him, her hair is like a silk clouds,
and her voice melts hearts like morning dew.

"Hey Atlas, your girlfriend is here!" Gemma called from downstairs.

Atlas groaned as he opened his eyes and rolled over to grab his phone, "Tell her I'll be down soon!" He yelled back with a hint of confusion—He completely disregarded the girlfriend's comment.

He forgot today was the day Dani was ready to talk and judging by the time she arrived; it looked like she forgot about it too. Atlas sighed and grabbed a pair of pants and a t-shirt from his laundry bin. For the first time in a long time, he could rest his tired eyes. Since the deal, his dad's arrest, and the involvement of Dani, he's just been going and going and going like a battery... a battery that was running low. He glanced at his comfy bed one last time, then kissed it goodbye. "I'll be back later," He made an empty promise to the inanimate object then opened his door.

Hesitantly, he ruffled up his bed hair then ran to the bathroom to freshen up. Throughout his mirror session, he could hear Gemma's loud laughter as Dani probably told her something inaccurate about him. Without much thought about his awful appearance, he sighed and made his way downstairs to the kitchen. His sister and Dani were playfully sitting down at the unset square table. He couldn't help but notice how tired and upset Dani looked. She looked broken with the way she was carrying herself. Her black puffy hair was all over the place, and her mistreatment of clothes caused awful, dark wrinkles to run across her brown sweater like elephant skin. At least they both looked bad. Under her frames he could see her eyes were blushed red and her dark cheeks were stained with something. It was almost like she was crying; but she still held a fake smile as Gemma giggled.

"Even my mom has a weird name. Her name is freaking Persephone! Who names their child that! The only reason she broke the trend is because she didn't know that she was having twins." Gemma smiled, "Emma is a basic name for my basic sister."

Dani looked down at her socks and rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm once again so sorry for confusing you two," Dani spoke apologetically.

"No, don't apologize!" Gemma laughed, "I blame Atlas for that."

"Blame me for what?" He walked into the kitchen announcing his presence. He nodded, acknowledging Dani, as he paced to the refrigerator to get a cold cup of milk.

Gemma puffed out some air as he startled her, "For not telling your girlfriend about your other younger sister, that's what!" She spoke loudly as she faced him, "She called me Emma because I'm pretty sure you let that slip out once. But what happened to the other sister, huh? Am I not important to you?" She played the hurt card and all Atlas could do was roll his tired eyes. "You know, I never thought Atlas could keep someone around for this long?" She flipped her attention back to Dani as she leaned forward, "You're so pretty, and I'm surprised you haven't slapped him in the face yet. He always seems to repel people who aren't related to him—"