4

Roses are redVodka is clearDig up something from her past And she'll live in fear

Roses are red
Vodka is clear
Dig up something from her past
And she'll live in fear

Beer—the disgusting brown liquid was all Dani could think about when the morning light hit her eyes. What the hell was in her beer last night, and where the hell was she?

"Atlas honey, are you awake?!" A woman's voice called out.

"Atlas? Who the hell is Atlas?" Dani yawned and rubbed her eyes. This might have been one of the worst hangovers in her life; she didn't even recognize her own bedroom. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even her bedroom. "What the—What the hell!" She screamed and jumped up from whatever she was lying on. She lost her balance and crashed down onto the floor. "Holy shit!" She rolled around on the wood ground in the unfamiliar bedroom. Her back hit a wall, "This is not my room!" She freaked as she took in her surroundings, "What the hell happened to me last night!?"

"Atlas?!" The same female voice called out again, this time with a stern tone, "What is going on up there?"

Dani's arms shook as a panicked boy quickly dashed into the room with solid fear on his face. She slightly recognized him from school, but his face didn't ring much of a bell for her. Through her blurry vision, she noticed he had thick black curly hair and very pale skin like he hasn't seen the sun in days. The rest of his features were fuzzed, but she saw enough to freak out. He was almost a complete stranger, and she was in his bedroom.

"Shush!" The boy panicked as he held his back against the door. Under his black t-shirt, his chest raised up and down like he just ran a marathon. "Don't draw too much attention—"

"Atlas? Why don't you—oh?" A tall woman pushed open the boy's door with minor effort. The door shoved aside the boy as she peaked her body in.

From what Dani could make out, the woman looked almost identical to the boy. She had the same black curly hair. The only thing that was slightly different was her skin tone. Her skin was more of a golden hue compared to the boy—whose skin was a ghostly white. She had on a silky green dress and Dani could make out two round glass orbs that hung on the tip of her pointy nose. The woman stopped mid-sentence and smiled at the two teens on the ground, "Oh my..." she adjusted the laundry basket in her hands. "Um, I'm so so so sorry about interrupting and intruding on... hmm, whatever you two were doing here?" she coughed and placed the basket down. "I'm just going to leave this here—"

"No, no, no, no!" The boy jumped off from the ground and raced to clear things up "It's not what it looks like! I swear!"

The woman held her hands on her hip. "Oh, Atlas! I told you I don't have a problem with you doing things like this." She ruffled up the boy's hair. "Just next time... lock the door." She winked.

"Ugh no!" The boy groaned in frustration. "Mom, this is Dani!" He pointed to Dani, who was now starting to recall everything that happened last night. Her cowering eyes met his mom's cheerful ones. "I met her at the party I went to last night." He explained. "She was way too drunk to even hold a conversation with me, and at one point she thought I killed her best friend." He laughed awkwardly, "But after that funny conversation she told me that her friend ditched her and that she didn't have a ride home. I also recall her saying that her parents didn't want her coming home drunk again." He looked back at Dani.