Chapter Twenty-One

Nothing could have prepared me for this possible situation. Lecro wanted King Ervin, Ingrid was going to uncover the reason why to the whole universe, and I was going to be set free. Either this situation was going to be too good to be true, or Lecro would keep his promise yet the king of Catalon would suffer his demise.

Even if the king did something this horrifying, execution was not the answer. Execution was only for those who committed some form of murder. Whether it was of one individual, multiple, or a massive amount. What King Ervin did to Lecro after he married his mother was indeed unforgiveable, but the anger in Lecro's mind was not the answer.

It's inevitable, Empress Pedonia said in my mind as I stood there, listening to Lecro's rants and raves of how terrible and tyrannic King Ervin truly was behind closed doors. Weren't many of the oh-so-powerful men in The Allied Planets whom I've encountered or read about over the years. I knew Ashan too well, but Catalon?

King Valcov wasn't even this bad! He actually supported his daughter, Princess Svena, when she came out of the closet following the rescue of Vesta from our mind-controlling enemy Hyna. Same went for his wife, who wanted to serve in the military as opposed to spend more time sitting on the throne.

My mother, Empress Yuruca, couldn't see herself marrying another man for fear that he too, would turn out to be like one of those shmucks. No pun intended when it came to Ashley Asha's biological father. His nickname to her was "Stu Pid Shmuck." His full name was Stuart Pideous Shmuc. From what I was told, her hippie grandparents hated him.

So you've been watching? I asked my ancestor. Good timing, because I don't know how I'm going to get the king out of this.

Unfortunately, Empress Pedonia briskly replied with little to no emotion, his Catalonian ancestors hath made the horrendous decision to allow him to pass on over if necessary. They and thy Ashanian ancestors including myself hath come to the conclusion that thy mortality is more vital than his.

Why don't I just come back and kill these guys? I her in response. I already took out who knows how many Marauders out here anyway! And I've killed Doctor Strat.

Not as Princess Yumi, she reminded me. Thou art not Imitai today. Remember that. Not even the universe beyond these skies know that thou hath taken out members of this challenging force.

What do you suppose I do then? I irately continued. Stand here and look like a pretty little princess?

If only the world knew that I've taken out bad guys before. Doctor Strat was already hell-bent on killing me years ago. I've only killed in response to the threats to my life. But this guy, Lecro, he's not interested in killing me despite having killed everyone else on the ship that I rode in to come here.

At that time, I noticed to my right the shadow of a familiar place. The baseball stadium that I was going to perform at. Brand new and built to give the universe something to enjoy thanks to the cultural exchange following the Generian Invasion on Earth. It was the former United States president Knolls who introduced baseball as it was known as the original American sport.

Thank God, because football was a rather extreme sport!

Thou hath no choice in the matter, Empress Pedonia dolefully responded. I didn't need to see the look on her face to know that she was telling the truth. Unfortunately, this is not our jurisdiction to decide. Only the ancestors who once dwelled on this planet shall write out the rules.

Before I could say anything else, another pair of guards emerged from around the rubble. This time, they were escorting the last man whom I'd expect they'd pick out from the locals who surrendered. The very guy that I've spent lots of time with during these past several days in these past few weeks. A guy who was close to me ever since I first landed on Galaganos.