Chapter Eight

None of the villagers in Alagana wanted to remain due to safety reasons. Therefore, we reluctantly led them back to Galaganos. Estella and I didn't ask for permission from Delanos to free them.

Returning was inevitable though. Daylight had been here for a long time and the Quorit Sun was beginning to leave its peak. Afternoon was here for another hour or so.

Based on the sun's position, I've noticed that the Quorit Sun moved at the equator consistently. No seasonal tilt whatsoever. Nevertheless, it is close enough that winter and the other seasons don't exist.

This sun's pull in this distance is closer than that of Earth's, Estella told me, telepathically reading my thought. Catalon does not tilt, and the weather is consistent.

So does Generia. Spins but doesn't tilt. Orbits so closely that the Generians get grayer skin. Dark grayer. Like cooked by the big amount of carbon and magma throughout the planet.

Steel and concrete buildings left and right. Low visibility due to all the ash in the atmosphere. Everything cultivated, grown, and raised indoors.

Generians had some interesting technology. Water may not have been filtrated at the clearest, but they managed to make do with it. According to Asami.

Caril, Estella, and I sat in the lead boat. We helped row it, but we stopped as soon as the water shallowed enough near the shore.

As we landed, the entire village of Galaganos gathered at the beach. All were in shock as the entire village of Alagana accompanied us. Delanos and Elana taking up the front.

Baratos was the first to run up to me. He reached out and I took his hand, but he couldn't take his eyes off me.

"You freed our friends?"

I nodded. "But not without the help of Estella."

He helped me off the boat and up the beach to Delanos and Elana. Estella and Caril followed. We were being given an unexpected reception for an unexpected arrival.

Javier and Lagos gaped at the sight of me. Guns at side holsters and daggers at the rear scabbards. Still clad in the very outfit I wore on my trip here.

Children on the other hand, cheered. The older kids and teens followed. Like we were all heroes returning from a long time away at war.

"The visitors helped to free us!" Caril called out. "But this fight is only beginning. We need to be together at all times, which is why Alagana has come to Galaganos!"

Delanos studied the new arrivals for a few seconds before responding. "Very well then! Villagers, prepare your homes for our visiting friends!"

Elana walked up to me, studying my outfit. "Those clothes need wash."

The villagers were kind enough to not place any people in the house. Well, mainly because there was only room for two to sleep. Both crates were placed there, along with Junus' backpack.

Speaking for the crates, I pulled out a packet of food and a packet of water.

Anyways, I waited until my clothes dried. Estella fetched them for me. They cleaned out somewhat, but the water used was somewhat filtrated for cleaning.

Napped a little in that time. Probably for a couple to a few hours since I sought no interest in moving around any further. Especially after that fight.

Awoke to the dusk skies and a bit of chatter near the beach. At the end of the mini houses, a bonfire and a gathering took place. Laughter and acoustic instruments played as some danced at one side.