Chapter One:

The Ashanian space ship I was on mysteriously malfunctioned.

I was fastened tightly into my seat, bracing for impact as the Ashanian Space Force ship shook violently into the Catalonian atmosphere. Our pilots had just received clearance for an emergency landing, but by the sound of it we were not going to make it.

The captain in his seat kept on yelling "Mayday!"on the P.A. System, and I could sense the crew frantically working to stabilize the spherical spacecraft from the control room. Thankfully, I was close to one of the exits by a few feet, sitting in an armless purple cushion chair at the inner side of the curving main floor hallway.

"Oh shit!" I yelled through my teeth as I desperately gripped the seat part at the sides of my legs. I could see out the circular window of the exit, and there was nothing but a blue sky. The hallway consisting of industrial gray metal walls and floor did little to reassure me, as it reflected the rotating red alert lights that were built into the ceiling.

Although I had no clue what exactly had malfunctioned, the ship was not flying as smoothly and was shaking roughly back and forth.

I was originally supposed to be escorted to Catalon for my first concert in the galaxy, but now we were here because this happened. Sadly for everyone, I was sitting here, thinking about my new boyfriend Cavius and why he did not object to me accepting this risk that now proved imminent.

Why in the hell did he allow me to travel? Ashan wasn't even safe now that our former general upgraded himself to a dictator.

The feeling of not seeing everyone else again stuck to my mind, and my heart paced rapidly. I could be dead within minutes. Dead without knowing what my latest relationship would bring me.

Those bright cyan eyes, that perfect long nose, those dimples, and that baby face altogether showed in my mind. His rather tall and slightly muscular build as well.

My new boyfriend and I were now an item, so us being together in public was one of the most sought after footage. My aunts hung out a couple times, but only if we were out on a boat or someplace secluded from the public. Anything to avoid getting photographed.

Soldiers sat in seats down the hallway, looking at each other and looking at me. All expressionless, and their short blue hair matted the sweat on their heads. I did not need to use my telepathy to tell we are all about to die.

Not once did I wish to look back at those soldiers and their neatly tailored Ashanian Space Force suits. Those button-down shirts with decorations and black slacks which had gold stripes at the outer sides. Nor did I wish to think any more about the red rotating lights on the ceiling.

Those lights made everything look like we literally entering Hell.

Splash!

The violent force of impact made me smack the back of my head on the wall. It hurt, but I was still conscious and able to feel everything. With the help of my powers, my pain rapidly went away as I looked around. All the nearby people were no longer moving, and the only thing that occurred were the rotating red lights overhead.

I pulled out a dagger from my cargo pants pocket and cut myself free from the seat belt. I then ran over to a nearby man and pressed the side of his neck with two fingers to check his pulse. There was nothing. Not even a breath when I placed my ear near his mouth.

Same went for a nearby woman, then the third person, and the fourth. Absolutely nothing. My telepathy could not even read anything.

"Oh my gosh!" I remarked, hurriedly checking person after person after person to confirm this. "They're all dead!"