Chapter Nineteen

Being captive is something I learned to deal with. Very quickly. After having been caught by Doctor Strat, there were several other times where the biggest adversary in our battle to protect society challenged us one-on-one.

As marauders descended from high above on ropes, I found myself helpless as a series of weapons pointed in my direction. The PA system was hijacked, and all those around me could do was listen helplessly as pairs of arms pulled me from the rooftop onto my feet, wrinkling my nose at the variety of smells from the muddy henchmen. They confiscated all of my weapons as I could do nothing but let them.

"THERE IS NO USE IN FIGHTING BACK. WE HAVE ASHAN'S PRINCESS. PRINCESS YUMI MINAMOTO IS NOW OURS."

They dragged me out of that rooftop and down flights of stairs in a random business building. It was like other business buildings on Earth, but this one had a unique design. Metal stairs and glass railings. Weird design I know.

Then again, we were still in Catalon.

Most people would have several thoughts racing through their heads when they get captured. Like, "What's going to happen to me?" or "Will I ever get to see my family again?" Not me. At least not anymore.

But I had a reason to worry. Lisa was back on Earth trying to cover for me while I spent several days as Rambo shooting up marauders like I knew how to handle guns oh so well. Not to also mention I'll pretty much be making headlines when I get back. If I do.

Princess Yumi Minamoto is a sharpshooter? Or, perhaps, Princess Yumi Minamoto spent several days fighting off local terrorists while missing? I can only imagine the headlines. Next to being a hostage, headlines were something that I was no stranger to either.

On the bright side- if there is any of it left out here-, I was fortunate enough to have spent time out in complete solitude. Away from all the cameras and prying eyes. So much for being part of one of the most historical families in the universe.

"Tis' time we managed to catch up to you," hissed one of my captors with a voice fit for a snake-like cartoon role. "And to think you've managed to kill thousands of our men! Now we know how!"

"I've never met an Ashanian until now!" exclaimed a deep, boisterous voice. "Let alone a princess with such marksmanship like yours."

"No shit Sherlock," I muttered under my breath. "I never thought I had to use my shooting skills to stay alive a little longer."

It was a long walk down. With arms grabbing me while someone behind me obviously pointing his weapon in my direction. An Ashanian-grade laser machine gun. A-144. Charged for up to four hours of nonstop continuous shooting. Designed to withstand even the longest of battles.

As a matter of fact, everyone out here had A-144s. Catalonian C-92s were the next weapon types, but those were more submachine-gun like. Not a very good type of weapon if you ask me.

I could see my M-249 slung on the back of a marauder who was hairy as hell with protruding muscles, which made me wonder how he managed to get so well-toned out here on the islands. Compared to everyone else, he was also one of the meanest looking people. Bald with jagged teeth and fierce, angry eyes, he looked belligerent no matter how happy content he really felt.

Thank God for telepathy. I could read the minds of my captors as I walked, much to their obliviousness. Snake-like voice guy was to my right. Muscular but skinny with puny little muscles compared to the giant in front of me. Nearly as tall as the guy in front of me. Another muscular guy to my left was the deep voice from earlier. Not as built as the man in front, but he was smiling despite how messed up his yellow teeth were, prompting me to stop checking the men out.