Chapter 9:

Madelyn's POV

Sitting in the meeting with all the Alpha's, there is a grim silence hanging over the room. Alpha Parker stands up and clears his throat," Vampire's have been attacking specific packs, yesterday they attacked some of our pack members. The stand-in Gamma was there during the attack and has a theory of what they want." He sits back down and gestures to me to begin my speech.

I stand up and push my chair back slightly. I fiddle with the hem of my shirt, looking at all the different alphas from all around the U.S. "Yesterday a group of pack members were attacked at the local mall. I noticed they were following me from the start so I thought I'd lost their trail." I recount the story, stopping only to take a breath. After telling the events from yesterday I sit down. All the Alpha's are quiet, stuck in their own thoughts.

An Alpha from Texas speaks up,"I think these Vampires are only targeting people close to this girl. My pack has nothing to do with her and it's going to stay that way." He stands and grabs Luna's hand," Good luck, but I cannot be a part of this."

He walks out the door and a couple of Alphas follow. A few Alphas stayed behind, but not enough to fight an army.

Alpha Parker stood up again," Thank you for staying, but this is not your fight. Any of you that want to leave, can." He waits silently for people to leave, no one stands up. "Good. Now we need a game plan."

I decided to excuse myself because my wolf is getting antsy and I'm only good at fighting, not game plans.. My wolf keeps running around in circles," Alright you stupid wolf, we can go on a run."

I ran out of the pack house before shifting into my dark black wolf. She is an average sized wolf but that makes us a lot faster. I head towards the woods, bounding over stumps. My icy blue eyes scanning the ground for tracks of animals. I catch a sweet scent to my left, fresh rain and vanilla.

I track the smell until I come upon a clearing, I am close to the border so I can smell the wolves patrolling. I look around the area, there is a small creek going through the middle of the clearing. It has dandelions everywhere and it looks like a fairy tale. I lean down to get a drink from the creek when a white piece of paper catches my eye. It's attached to the tree, I shift back into my human form, ignoring my state of no clothes. I grab the note off the tree, We are coming for you.

I shift back into wolf form and gently grab the note in my mouth. I run as fast as I can, the wind whipping my fur. I finally make it back to the pack house, I run straight to the Alphas private house.

Alpha Parker come outside quick

I mindlink him and wait for him to come out of his house. The front door opens and he walks out," Madelyn what's wrong." I give him the note in my muzzle, Luna Selena comes out of the house with a shirt in her hand. I shift back and grab the shirt before thanking her. "I was out running and found this near the border."

"This means they've been inside the border, but how did they get past the border undetected?"

I take the note back and read over it once more," Maybe a masking spray. Do you think this could be a warning for another attack?"

Alpha Parka nods," We should ask Luke if he received any notes before the attack on his pack."

I agree and begin to head into the pack house. I ask a few of the pack members if they've seen Luke. "I think he is in his room dear." I thank the lady and walk towards his room.

I knock on his door before hearing a tiny, come in. I walk in and see the place completely trashed. There are take out boxes everywhere and bottles of whisky scattered around. I notice Luke sitting up against the wall drinking what looks like his 20th bottle of alcohol.

"Oh hey Maddy! Wait you *hiccup* don't want me to call you that now do ya." He gives me a grin before taking a swig of his whiskey.

 "Luke I need you to sober up, there might be an attack and we need you." He just stares at me and takes another drink. I sigh and march into the bathroom. I fill a random cup up with water and walk back in.

"I'm giving you one last chance to get your lazy butt up and help." He just takes a sip and smiles. I pour the water on him, watching him gasp and cough.

He glares at me before growling," Why can't you just leave me alone. You are in every single damn thought." I stare at him before ignoring his comment. 

"Did you receive a note before the vampires attacked your pack?" I clean off a place on his bed and sit down. He gives me a confused stare," Yeah but we thought it was just a silly threat, we get those all the time." I nod my head," Thank you Luke," I rush out of the room and report back to Alpha Parker.

"Luke says he did get a note before the attack, and it was on the day of the attack." Alpha Parker looks grim," Today, we fight." He barely finishes the sentence before a warrior runs up to us," Alpha! Vampires... In...the... border." He collapses on the ground and takes his final breath. We look at each other and run. 

Almost done with all all the prewritten chapters from young baby me so I'm both excited and scared to write what happens next

<3 thatonepalegirl