Chapter 8~ Stones

Steves POV:

Bruce, Sam, Bucky and I are in a forest near the compound. I approached Bucky before going on the platform. He embraced me.

"Don't do anything stupid till I get back,"I said. "How can i? You're taking all the stupid with you." He says with a smirk.

With that I turned and walked up the platform. Bucky made his way over to Bruce as the helmet went over my head.

"Ok remember you have to bring the stones back to the exact moment they were taken." Bruce noted before turning to Bucky as I picked up a briefcase and Mjöllnir.

I could hear them talking. "How long will this take?"

"For us 55 seconds. For him as long as he needs."

"Ready?" Bruce asked. After I gave him a slight nod I disappeared from their sight.

New York:

Seeing as New York had the most amount of stones when we first came I decided it would be smart to make that the first destination.

20 minutes after maneuvering through the buildings to avoid any past/present individuals, I found myself on the last stone from New York.

The time stone. While walking up a staircase I was remembering Bruces description. "The time stone is going to a female, she will be wearing yellow drapes and will be on the top of a building with plants. She's called the Ancient One."

Once I reached the top and stepped out onto the roof I saw a person that fit Bruces description.

"Ancient One?" I took a step closer as she turned, "Where's Dr.Banner?" She questioned, halting in her tracks. "Sorry ma'am, he was... busy."

"So it worked."

"In a word, yes. I believe this belongs to you." I opened the case to reveal the stone as she lifted it and placed it safely back in The Eye of Agamotto.

After returning the New York stones I switch my suit to Asgard in 2013. I continued the journey across planets, and time, returning the stones. I have two left.

Space and Soul.

Before I was about to return the space stone something dawned on me and instead I left for Vormir.

Midgard/Earth:

Tony's POV:

Today felt like any other day did since Chloe left, dull. As I make my way downstairs something feels off.

Like I'm forgetting something important.

I brush it off thinking its nothing, just the usual paranoia, and decide continue with my day. As I reach the main room I see Wanda and Vision talking bout something quietly in one corner, Natasha sitting alone drinking coffee, Bruce nor Rogers is anywhere to be found.

3rd Person:

Tony makes a coffee and stands over by the group.
"Does anyone know what day today is?"

Everyone stares at him blankly as he takes a seat in a chair before continuing, "I know theres something I'm forgetting."

"Its her birthday." Replied a low raspy voice from around the corner before entering the room looking awful, puffy red eyes and messy tangled hair. Baggy clothes and the start of a... a beard?

He sat down in a dark corner of the room, placing sunglasses on he just sat. Tony stood from his seat and set off to the lab.

Steve's POV:

Unexpected things happened at Vormir, I saw an old.. friend. Not really though. And now was on my way back to 1970 for the return of the last stone.

Space.

Once I got back too much made sense to not change the plan. I run into Peggy while coming out of the base holding the stone and other valuable and dangerous items. Its like nothing changed.

"Steve?"

She looked across the terrain, unsure of his next move he starts to walk towards her at a hurrying pace. As he starts to reach her she embraces him and he holds her, not ever wanting to leave that moment.

Not ever wanting to leave her.

Steve made up an excuse and ran off for a minute. Walking over to someone. "I've decided I'm going to stay here, take the suit. Go back. Tell them the plan changed. Tell Bucky I'm sorry."

The person nodded as he set the suit and gave it to them. Within seconds they were travelling back to Steve's time.

Bruce's POV:

Bucky and Sam I stayed waiting for Steve's return. As everything started to fire up again I knew Steve was back, meaning everything went according to plan.

As the body appeared it didn't look like Steve. Once the helmet came off it definitely wasn't.

"You're back?!" Sam stood in awe

"Where's Steve?"

The look on her face said it all.

"Steve is ok, the plan changed and he didn't want to come back. He says he's sorry Bucky."

I turned to Bucky as his face dropped. Sam rushed up the stairs to the platform giving a much needed hug to the returner amd guiding her down. She gave Bucky a hug and slowly came over to me.

"What happened out there?"

"All will be revealed in time." She stated, mot sharing anything. "In the mean time, where's my God?"

3rd Person:

The 4 of them started walking back to the compund. As they came inside and into sight of the group a huge smile spreads across Thors face as he runs and picks her up off the ground and gives her a hug "well someone missed me." She said with a laugh

"Don't do that to me again" he placed her down, a grin spreads across her face "ohh, you got a little crush on me now do ya" she says in a mockingly tone "sure do"

Before she could respond someone entered the room.

———————————————————————————
A/N:
Sorry I haven't been posting a lot, its been really busy.
There wont be much up throughout the summer but I will be writing more so when I have access to wifi I will post more and more.
Leave a comment if it should get-  I don't know- smutty I guess haha:)
Please leave a comment on how you are enjoying the story so far
Drop a follow to keep reading
Sorry if there are spelling errors
Hope you are enjoying the story❤️