Unfoolish

Unfoolish

Nina James

Sometimes the heart overrides the mind. We can't help who we love but we can help how others treat us. We all want to be loved but sometimes we settle just to have someone. The pastor talked about not becoming a prisoner of misery just to have company. You don't need anyone but God. People come and go out of our lives but we have to know the roots from the weeds. There is a difference between those who last a lifetime and those that are only seasonal, they are the ones who change as the wind blows. Now a root is someone who keeps you grounded, and will grow with you and help you branch out. Not everyone has those, but when you are blessed to find them you should appreciate and nurture their friendship.

A lot of us have been holding onto people that we should've let go of a long time ago. But things happen and we get blind-sighted. I think that's what happened to me and Jamel. I let my guard down but didn't let God guide me, so even though Amelia is a blessing I should've been more careful. We were making lifetime decisions when he was gone before I knew it. After all this time I'm grateful for all the lessons life has taught me. I made new friends and got rid of some old ones, but one thing will never change is the fact that God has had my back the whole time. No matter how many times I slipped or walked away, God has always been there. If more of us let go and let god, then we would understand that through him all things are possible.

Life hasn't been easy but I survived and I'm thankful. Tiya and Millz have become great friends. And I love Anisa like a sister, we support each other and have a genuine respect, love and consideration for one another. I consider them my covenant, we have been through the storm and they stood firm no matter how hard the wind blew. I would do anything for them and I know they feel the same way about me. We have beautiful children and a great bond so that's why I value our friendship. Nina was in a new place in life, she was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things were starting to fall into place and she was about to embark on a new year. Marcellus may not be perfect but in Nina's heart, he was the one for her. He proved to be nothing like Jamel , and he was easier to talk to. He encouraged her to chase her dreams and was that shoulder to cry on. Who knows this could be the start of something amazing. But she didn't want to rush into anything too fast. "He makes me feel things, I love our conversations and he's so sweet." " Well hun I wish you the best because you deserve it." "We both do because we've got through it with the wrong ones, now its time for our happy endings with he right ones." "I know that's right, no more kissing toads."

Nina and Millz always had always had similar issues when it came to guys. They knew what they wanted but the guys never did. But this time around, Nina was doing things different and would take all the precautions. No more side part under.